Madison's Devilry?

Sep 10, 2017
Daniel Madison's website is back online and he is offering all of his independent products together under the name Devilry. I wonder if it is worth picking up?
It contains all the single books and lecture notes he published along with htcat and deviations and his new video on the Bottom Deal. The cost is 52 euros and I was thinking where or not it is worth it!
What do you guys think?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
If I'm not mistaken, Devilry is Anthology with more stuff. That means it's ... well, huge. Just an enormous amount of material. I've only read through a small amount of it.

So if you like Madison's style of material, and you don't mind an occasionally oddly formatted page, then it's probably worth it.

If you're not that into Madison's style of material, it's probably not.

Simple as that.

Reactions: Mr_ARPY
Sep 10, 2017
If I'm not mistaken, Devilry is Anthology with more stuff. That means it's ... well, huge. Just an enormous amount of material. I've only read through a small amount of it.

So if you like Madison's style of material, and you don't mind an occasionally oddly formatted page, then it's probably worth it.

If you're not that into Madison's style of material, it's probably not.

Simple as that.
It is anthology + htcat + deviation + BD masterclass
I dont care about the stuff that wasnt in anthology. And I do like Daniel's style.
It seems you own anthology! Is it worth it?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I think so. Though full disclosure, I got it for free.

The index says 589 pages for the Ellusionist "Definitive" Anthology. So, even if you're going by sheer quantity, that's probably worth it. From my perspective, if I use a trick at a gig and that gig pays me enough to cover the cost of that trick, it was definitely worth it. I have used Madison's material in the past, and earned the price of the book several times over, so I would have been happy paying for it.

Sep 10, 2017
I think so. Though full disclosure, I got it for free.

The index says 589 pages for the Ellusionist "Definitive" Anthology. So, even if you're going by sheer quantity, that's probably worth it. From my perspective, if I use a trick at a gig and that gig pays me enough to cover the cost of that trick, it was definitely worth it. I have used Madison's material in the past, and earned the price of the book several times over, so I would have been happy paying for it.
Thanks for your answer. I would pick it up soon.

Sep 26, 2015
I don't have Devilry in full I guess you could say; however, I do have Madison's Anthology and HTCAC. I really enjoyed the reading. Packed with ideas. You will find at least a few things you will use, if not more. I would recommend picking it up, especially since you mentioned you like Madison's style.

Sep 10, 2017
I don't have Devilry in full I guess you could say; however, I do have Madison's Anthology and HTCAC. I really enjoyed the reading. Packed with ideas. You will find at least a few things you will use, if not more. I would recommend picking it up, especially since you mentioned you like Madison's style.
Thank you. I will pick it up soon.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results