What's everyone learning/practising?

Sep 4, 2007
Birmingham UK
I'm just interested to see what is everyone learning/practising at the moment?

I'm currently working on hotshot cuts, card piroette, and various trilogy effects.

Oct 18, 2007
Working on speeding up my pass, and the TG Murphy deck flip. =]

Lately I've been practicing an Anniversary Waltz handling too for about an hour a day.

Dec 16, 2007
London
Hi, i just joined Theory11 after finding a link over on Homer Liwag's site. At the moment i am practicing an orginal coin routine which is influenced by Kenner's 'menage et tois' and Homers 'CoinOne', it's basically a fancy 3 coins across effect, im also working on Justin Miller's 'Silver Dream' 3 coin vanish, as it only makes sense that all three coins should dissapear after they have travlled.

This site looks fantastic by the way, i'm seriously glad to have stumbled across it.

peace Atomo

Sep 2, 2007
London
My long-term project is mastering estimation centre dealing and high-speed deck memorisation. There's still some work to be done to get these techniques to performance standard, but I've been steadily improving, so I'm confident that they are acheivable goals. I'm looking forward to the day when I can take a borrowed deck, spread through it to "check all the cards are there", and then deal any hand called for, produce any four of a kind, change the top card into any named card, make any named card instantly travel to my pocket etc. etc. I reckon these two techniques on their own could produce a full set of mind-boggling magic.

In addition, I'm paying a lot more attention to routining and audience management, making sure that the effects I currently perform have the maximum impact.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Currently working on my own mystery card effect called Signed Sealed Delivered

Also re-reading Derren Brown's Trick of the Mind working through the memory section in the frame of mind similar to TeeDee's post up above :)

Before all this though I was working on the Outjogged Herman Pass found in The Paper Engine. Hopefully I'll buy the 1-on-1 soon too to see how he teaches it there.

- Sean

Sep 1, 2007
USA
classic pass speed (making it invisible), Ecko, l-cuts, the kick flip with the skater cut

im a busy man XD

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results