I was wondering if anyone has read Ellis Stanyon?

Jun 7, 2018
I found one of his books online and started to read it. But I was really interested in his magazine Magic. I know I can buy it for 125, but I'm broke [Edited by Moderator] and was wondering if anyone knows a site to read it on for free. The one I found gave me a broken link. Or if any one has the copy of all 177 issues just message me please so you can flip threw it with a video haha. Please!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 15, 2017
I bet some of those illusions can be found in some other good and relatively cheaper books.

Maybe try Mark Wilson's?

There ARE sites that offer free reads for certain books, but alas, they do not have magic books.

I expected nothing more...they are after all made by muggles...

Reactions: EllaStarr*
Jun 7, 2018
I bet some of those illusions can be found in some other good and relatively cheaper books.

Maybe try Mark Wilson's?

There ARE sites that offer free reads for certain books, but alas, they do not have magic books.

I expected nothing more...they are after all made by muggles...
I went to the library and someone stole a book of all his tricks. Irronic. Thanks for the recommendation!

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Ella:

Any copies of Magic magazine that are out there for free are being shared illegally.

My suggestion is to register for an account at lybrary.com and then access the Learned Pig Project through your profile page. It costs nothing to register. The Learned Pig Project digitized books that are in the public domain and therefore obtaining copies of the books that eaynis perfectly legal and ethical.

Reactions: EllaStarr*

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Where did you find this out? I thought nearly all Stanyon's works were in the public domain.

My bad. I was thinking of the Kauffman and L&L reprints... not the originals. You are correct, the originals are in public domain because they were published between 1900 and 1920.

ID4

Aug 20, 2010
Yes, it's probably the same one you found. But since the site is in a unfinished state a workaround is necessary to access the content.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results