Concerning Sleight of Hand

Jun 13, 2013
Hi there,

I am interested in learning impromptu magic. I wanna seem magical and be able to use whatever is around me to do magic. I actually prefer to do card magic, but I wanna learn how to do some impromptu stuff. Is there a holy grail of impromptu magic that everyone likes. I am looking for something that is the Card College of impromptu magic. I know palming allows you to make things vanish from your hands and I have seen some things such as sleeving when searching the internet. Any thoughts?

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I think you could learn a lot from Greg Wilson's Off the Cuff and on the Spot dvds. These videos give you loads of material that you can do with just about anything in a casual environment.

Rocco is the king of sleeving in my opinion, it's a very versatile technique. I prefer to diversify methods I use though. People already know that magicians use their sleeves, so it's a loosing battle if that's all you know.

ID4

Aug 20, 2010
The closest thing to the card college of impromptu magic would be Encyclopedia Of Impromptu Magic by Martin Gardner. But its fairly old. You could look for Life Savers by Michael Weber.

Jun 13, 2013
I think you could learn a lot from Greg Wilson's Off the Cuff and on the Spot dvds. These videos give you loads of material that you can do with just about anything in a casual environment.

Rocco is the king of sleeving in my opinion, it's a very versatile technique. I prefer to diversify methods I use though. People already know that magicians use their sleeves, so it's a loosing battle if that's all you know.

I had no idea Greg Wilson was the son of Mark Wilson. I had Mark Wilson's complete course in Magic and learned a lot from it. Great book.

ID4

Aug 20, 2010
You're referring to Gregory Wilson, but he's not Mark's son. Coincidentally to make things confusing Mark Wilson does have a son named Greg.

Reactions: RealityOne
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results