Quick question on card forcing

Jun 14, 2018
Does anyone know of a way to force a card when you spread out the cards (on a table), without changing the order, and by asking the spectator to bring their finger down on a card?

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
I don't remember the name of the force but Harry Lorayne teaches a similar force, that's done with a pencil, in Close Up Card Magic. I'll look it up when I get home, unless someone else beats me to it.

Reactions: Mr_ARPY
May 28, 2018
Saint Louis, MO
If you don't need something that works 100% of the time, the step and spread force works on layman probably 8/10 times if done with enough indifference. The other 2 times you have a key card control.

The force DominusDolorum is referencing is called The Moving Pencil, or is at least described in a trick by that name. If memory serves.

Aug 6, 2017
[QUOTE

The force DominusDolorum is referencing is called The Moving Pencil, or is at least described in a trick by that name. If memory serves.[/QUOTE]

That is correct. I think it involved using a pencil mark, don't remember. Not with the book currently.

Sep 10, 2017
In the DVD 40 ways to force a card, there one or 2 ways to do it. The problem was none of them were surefire. Dont want to reveal anything but they needed a bit of chance and crowd control skills.
I personally never used any of them but the DVD itself was pretty good. I would have checked it out if I were you.

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
If you don't need something that works 100% of the time, the step and spread force works on layman probably 8/10 times if done with enough indifference. The other 2 times you have a key card control.

The force DominusDolorum is referencing is called The Moving Pencil, or is at least described in a trick by that name. If memory serves.
It is, in fact, described in the trick called The Moving Pencil. Page 158.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results