Thumb fan help

Jun 16, 2018
Hey guys, I'm brand new, just got an account to ask this.
I'm just starting to learn magic, flourishes etc. as I've just finished college and now I have plenty of time!!
I've been working on my thumb fan, on and off, for a few months, but the packet just clumps whenever I try and do it? If this has already been answered, sorry, again I'm new at this and have no idea how things work :)
Thanks!!

Reactions: Mr_ARPY

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
I bought a few bicycle decks a couple years back, and used this particular deck 1 time, and haven't touched it since. Would that make a difference?
I would think it should still be good but the best way tell for sure is to get a new deck and compare. Also, there are many old threads which contain discussions of how to deal with clumping.

Also, cards such as Medallions/Monarchs, Aristocrat Banknotes, Antlers and Steamboats, while more expensive, handle very smoothly.

byronblaq

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
I bought a few bicycle decks a couple years back, and used this particular deck 1 time, and haven't touched it since. Would that make a difference?
It certainly can. As the cards age they tend to stick to one another making them harder to fan or move freely between each other.

I would suggest a newer deck first to make the learning process easier.

With the deck you have you could practice pressure fans though...

B.

Reactions: the_lumberjack
Jun 16, 2018
I would think it should still be good but the best way tell for sure is to get a new deck and compare. Also, there are many old threads which contain discussions of how to deal with clumping.

Also, cards such as Medallions/Monarchs, Aristocrat Banknotes, Antlers and Steamboats, while more expensive, handle very smoothly.
I'll have a look at some of those cards, and I'll check out the forums. Thanks!

Jun 16, 2018
It certainly can. As the cards age they tend to stick to one another making them harder to fan or move freely between each other.

I would suggest a newer deck first to make the learning process easier.

With the deck you have you could practice pressure fans though...

B.
I would have thought if I didn't touch them, then it wouldn't be a problem... But yes, I'll try practice pressure fans with it instead

Reactions: byronblaq
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results