I'm looking for some magic tricks. Do anyone have any suggestions?

Jun 19, 2018
Denmark
I know it's about quality and not quantity, but whenever I perform (for free, just for practise), I always feel like I don't know enough magic tricks, so I'm wondering if anyone could come with suggestions. It can be youtube videos, instant downloads, live lectures or maybe just something you invented. It can cost money, just not too much. Not like 30 dollars for one trick.

Here's a few guidelines for what I am searching for (doens't have to be followed strictly, just so you know what I am looking for):
-I can access it immediately after getting it. Meaning, no gimmicks (unless I make them myself. If it requires common magic items like flash paper or magician's wax, it's fine as well), no books (other than e-books), no DVDs (only instant downloads) and so on. Basically, no shipping.
- It can be one trick, or a full lecture with 20 tricks.
- I prefer something other than card tricks. I use card tricks a lot, but I want to learn non-card tricks. If you know a really good card trick, though, please tell me.
- Not too much preparation. It would be great if you could borrow all the things and do the trick, but with most tricks, that is not possible. Preferably, I need to just meet someone, say "hey", and do the trick.

If it helps, some of my favorite tricks are:
- Mind reading with Center Tear and Book Tests, using some of the principles within "Psychological Subtleties" (it REALLY spices things up).
- Fork Bending (the ones from "Psychokinetic Silverware"
-Tying a tie by shaking it with one hand (gets people everytime)
-Etienne Pradier's bottle production (from his live lecture on pengin magic) and the one with the broken wine glass (where he screws the bottom on)
- iLoopy by Beau Cremer (I love how you can just borrow the items and do the magic trick)

By the way, I really want to learn a "coin into bottle trick" but the ones I've seen uses magnets, and coins in Denmark (where I live) aren't magnetic.

Reactions: Mr_ARPY
Jan 2, 2016
California
By the way, I really want to learn a "coin into bottle trick" but the ones I've seen uses magnets, and coins in Denmark (where I live) aren't magnetic.
I'm not sure if they make it for krones (I think that's the currency in Denmark) but they make gimmicked coins for this trick that work similar to bite out quarters and are much more visual than the magnet method. You'd want to study up on your basic coin handling though so you could switch the gimmick out for a real coin.

It seems you have an interest in mental magic/mentalism type effects. I know you said no more card tricks and I know you said you don't want anything to be shipped to you, but if you don't have one, I highly urge you to purchase an invisible deck. It's truly a great effect and there's a lot you can use it for. Loops are super versatile. It's like $10 for a pack of 8 and you can do levitations, animations, PK touches, and much more with them. You can get a special holder and keep them in your wallet everywhere you go.

Liquid Metal by Morgan Strebler teaches you how to mutilate a fork and give your spectator a truly unique souvenir. I don't own PK Silverware but one of the coolest parts of Liquid Metal is the corkscrew twist. So since you already do fork bending, I'd check it out.

A lot of ring magic is out there. For me, it's super fun and this fits your criteria of being able to learn instantly. It's impromptu and can be done with a borrowed ring, or your own which means it's easy to always be prepared to do a trick. I recommend Reflex by Patrick Kun as well as Divorce by Justin Miller. There's plenty of other cool ring tricks out there as well.

There's also a lot of magic you can do with rubber bands. I can't remember the names of a lot of the ones I perform though. Most of them I've picked up from hands on experience. Stairway by Marcus Eddie can be done with borrowed everything. Crazy Man Handcuffs is a classic.

That's all I can think of right now. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about any of these lol.

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
I second the suggestion on rubber band magic as it works well as an instant download, though I would suggest getting some Elastraflex coated bands. Joe Rindfleisch's Rainbow Rubber Bands are what I have, but I imagine they are available without his branding. They won't matter for all effects, but I found their smooth finish to be much easier to work with for Melting Point by Casshan Wallace, though I have admittedly not fully mastered it yet. I should get back to practicing that, it looks great.

I can't recommend any other specific band downloads just because the others I have are either DVD (Pi, Ring on Band is one I like) or downloads I haven't got around to watching yet (Rindfleisch's), but I do enjoy learning rubber band magic. It's something other than cards and coins and it can be done with more or less ordinary items.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
Perhaps try giving Magic Stream a whirl. They're doing a month trial for $1 so I decided to check it out. You'll have access to a ton of material so you can experiment with a bit of everything. Personally, I don't think it's for me but I did enjoy the Richard Turner interview.

Nothing beats a good book though, so I second the Mark Wilson recommendation and also suggest anything by Karl Fulves.

Reactions: The VIP Gentleman
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results