WAND STREET JOURNAL 6/20/18

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Hello! Welcome back to YOUR (somewhat) weekly magic newspaper! Yes welcome back to the newspaper where the name of the newspaper is the only thing people seem to remember, and not the articles. So with out further ado lets dive into the articles that you'll actually just skim over while we pretend they are actual quality pieces of journalism.

MAGIC STREAM DROPS TO $0.99
35349084_10155425963601161_1246018605829586944_n.jpg
The whole idea of a Magic subscription service has been around as long as the internet. From the successful Reel magic online magazine to the popular World's Greatest magic By Michael Ammar. However, for every one of those there is Xavior Spade's sleight School , or to an extend Jay Sankey's Inside Deception (I have heard positive things about it though). So in April of 2017 when Ellusionist announced this project of a monthly membership for "unlimited" magic many began wondering if it would revolutionize the game, or just flop harder than a Magician at cardistry con.
It seemed to be relatively forgettable after about 2 months after its release/announcement. Until Earlier this week Ellusionist announce a certain coupon code that sent shock waves through the community. This coupon code:"letmein" grants who ever enters it the ENTIRE service for just $0.99 (this is only for the first month). The coupon code ends today.
This raised more questions than a donkey in a chicken plant(yes I'm from Alabama). Which included "Is magic stream dead?", "have they given up on it?", and "do they believe in it so much they are discounting it?", and from what it appears it is... the last one. They seem so sure that it is good they are willing to give you the first month for .99 and then you'll like it enough to stay subscribed. Similar to How Netflix and Hulu offer a free first month. Now that it is summer they will attempt to gain a younger audience that no longer has to worry about school and can watch it all day.

WRITERS OPINION: I never do these but I want to throw my hat in the ring, and give my opinion on Magic stream. I had magic stream for a month DURING school, and loved it, but felt Like I subscribed at a bad time. Therefore when I saw this it was an easy choice. It is everything that is great about Ellusionist, so I'd highly suggest getting this! it is an absolute steal! That being said it is in my honest opinion Reel magic online magazine is slightly better due to its wide range of magicians rather than just Ellusionist artist. So, if you have the money AND the time make sure to look into these two amazing products!

DARREN BROWN'S NETFLIX SHOW RELEASES TODAY
derren-brown-miracle.jpg
Now I'm not going to talk about this for long, but all I am going to say is: WATCH IT! Find your mom, dad, girlfriend boyfriend, or dog's Netflix password in order to watch arguable the greatest performer alive today!

Blaise Serra and Anna D announce "Making a Magic show in 30 Days"
upload_2018-6-21_2-54-29.png
Procrastination and putting things off truly seems to be the death of great ideas in the art of magic. Putting things off includes giving up with excuses like "not enough money" or "I'm too young", or even "It's not perfect!". I've done it, and so have you (don't lie). Many have attempted to combat this and show others this doesn't have to be the case Through many tactics, however one in particular has caught the eyes of many in the community, and for very good reason. This of course is the new project by Actor/magician Blaise Serra, and Cardist/Magician Anna D. This project is entitled: "making a magic show in 30 days". The project is quite self explanatory. They have a date set for 7/11 and will give a magic show under the working title: Now You Don't . They made a public statement, as well as their friends are aware, ergo they officially have a point of no return! Other than that, that's all the prep-work! No venue, no script, no outline, no set audience, absolutely NOTHING. Taking 30 days to do what takes some over a year to do certainly is interesting, and something to keep up with.
In fact, in order To keep up with these adventures Every 2 days will be documented in full on Anna's YouTube channel. So Click HERE for a playlist I created that has every episode in order so you can catch up. If you want to keep up even more
The Wand Street Journal will continue to follow this story all the way up until 7/11, so look out for follow up stories! Also, be sure to tune in Next week on the
Wand Street Journal for an exclusive interview with Anna and Blaise!

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-21_2-56-11.png
    upload_2018-6-21_2-56-11.png
    830 KB · Views: 6

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
So with our main articles completed let's dive into:
Product of the week: Harlan Tarbell #92 This will be the first episode as part of the lost volume of the Tarbell course, and it is full of amazing advice, and theory! Make sure to check it out!

Cool find
: Best of Slydini set of 2 books. This double volume set usually fetches about $200 on eBay, however I have tracked down this, which is a ground shaking $58.45!

(I do not have a connection to the seller, nor do I gain a profit from this)

Performance of the week:
In this clip Penn and Teller use their patter about being hated by other magicians and even have call backs to being on other shows. Sure the trick has been performed over and over again. In fact They have performed it before on the today show, but you just cannot deny their great presentation, and amazing skills.
I almost put my performance that was featured on the Etika World Network(which by the way officially has 60,000 views, so thanks for that), or even my act that won my first ever Snc. Sadly though they all fail in compare of P&T.

Stock market report: Here I will explain which effect are back in stock on the market!

Lloyd Barnes's Abyss- The fact that this thing sold out at one point is more shocking than the trick its self.

Rip off Double Cr- uhh.. I mean Lo-gone By John Horn- this one has been sold out for while, so it is pleasnt to see it hit the shelves again!(Yes, I am joking I do believe they are fairly different)

Element By Kieron Johnson- No, not Kerryon Johnson RB for the Aurburn Tigers. This is a very very neat looking product that has been out of stock for a little while, so be sure to pick one up before it is gone again.

Lit by Dan White- Finally back in stock after EIGHT years! I'm you've heard enough so I want rant on, but go check it out before its out of stock for another 8 years.

Weekly idea:
This week is something strange. Take a random genre of magic and steal a plot, or move from it and apply it to your favorite, or a random other genre. Such as taking a TNR and applying it to coin magic. Sounds strange? because it is! This is a great way to get your creativity juices flowing.
Here is something I came up with really fast, and obviously this will improve with practice:

It’s using the French drop and applying it to card magic(yes the dropped card is off centered on purpose for a sucker effect)

(This was honestly the most difficult thing to ever film. My double was awful because the camera angle had to be pointed at my chest my pinky count didn't look great from that angle so I tried a thumb rifle, and it was all just a mess)

Final thoughts: So yeah another week complete! I really look forward to next week’s interview, and I hope you are to.

You may have noticed a few more jokes this week because I want to try some new things. Including I took away “unbiased” from the intro so I could talk about magic stream and reel magic.

So yeah other than that it basically raps us up. No real sources this week because most of all information is either directly linked or sent by email. So stay tuned for a very late edition of game night within the next few hours!

Here are the previous Wand street Journals:

Week 12

Week 11
Week 10
Week 9
Week 8
Week 7
Week 6
Week 5
Week 4
Week 3
Week 2
week 1

Aug 15, 2017
I watched Anna D and was introduced to her work just yesterday! Gosh...it feels so good to be able to relate to stuff.

just flop harder than a Magician at cardistry con.

Ah...when you feel happy that you can do the werm and then see people throwing, cutting, flipping, flicking cards in the craziest ways possible ways...

Life's harsh.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results