Who would you meet?

Jul 26, 2016
Eugene Burger - Because he struck me as a very warm, caring person, extremely intelligent and insightful. I always felt like I knew him and that if we met, we would instantly become friends and talk about magic and performing non-stop. He was a fantastic performer, with a great original persona, that was truly magical and uniquely him. He knew how to construct an engaging and highly entertaining routine. And his book, "The Performance of Close Up Magic" was a tremendous influence on me, from which I learned not to try to copy other magicians or be what he called "the generic magician," but to find and be yourself and create your own original performing style. Oh, and...hella cool beard!

Aug 15, 2017
If you could meet (or meet again) any magician/s in the world (dead or alive), who would them/they be?

And why.... unless you don’t know why.
Penn and Teller- 'Cuz those guys *are* the magic.

Dai Vernon- He is a genius...and his knowledge remains unparalleled.

Dynamo-He brought me into close-up magic and made me realise I don't need huge boxes or glamorous assistants to do magic.

Asad Chaudhary (founder of 52 Kards)- For a nice chat about card sleights. That guy's sleight of hand is lit. Invisibly.

Vinh Giang- He's the best magician-cum-motivational speaker out there.

Brian Brushwood-Not for magic purposes but for life hacks.

Garett Thomas-Enlighten my understanding of magic please!
S.W. Erdnase- To find out who the heck he really is.

Val Valentino- Reason no. 1> To pu--oh wait...bullying is not allowed on the forums as a rule...sorry mods...

Jibrizy- To call him Jibreezus and then mock him and find out his YT password and delete his channel.
Oh damn it! I forgot the rule!!!!

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Eugene Burger - Because he struck me as a very warm, caring person, extremely intelligent and insightful. I always felt like I knew him and that if we met, we would instantly become friends and talk about magic and performing non-stop. He was a fantastic performer, with a great original persona, that was truly magical and uniquely him. He knew how to construct an engaging and highly entertaining routine. And his book, "The Performance of Close Up Magic" was a tremendous influence on me, from which I learned not to try to copy other magicians or be what he called "the generic magician," but to find and be yourself and create your own original performing style. Oh, and...hella cool beard!
I definitely agree with you. I wish I got the chance to meet him.

Reactions: Al e Cat Dabra

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Eugene Burger - Because he struck me as a very warm, caring person, extremely intelligent and insightful. I always felt like I knew him and that if we met, we would instantly become friends and talk about magic and performing non-stop. He was a fantastic performer, with a great original persona, that was truly magical and uniquely him. He knew how to construct an engaging and highly entertaining routine, Oh, and...hella cool beard!
Wow. This is what I was about to say.

May 10, 2018
Penn and Teller or Dynamo, simply because they're the first magicians I ever saw that made me think 'wow I want to amaze people like that'

I can't remember who exactly I saw first but if I had to pick I'd have to choose Penn and Teller

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results