Chop Cup Design

Jun 22, 2018
(Full disclosure, I'm brand new to the forum and magic as a whole. I'm curious about the craft and am thinking about learning a handful of acts for use in my teaching career. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer and for patience as I learn.)

I saw a couple of videos of people performing the Chop Cup routine (namely Paul Daniels and Don Alan) and was very impressed. I understand that there is both sleight of hand and magnets involved, but I want to understand more about the cup and balls themselves as I would like to make my own kit. I am envisioning putting a circular magnet at the bottom of an unsuspecting coffee cup and was wondering if someone could help me figure out what kind of strength I would need for both magnet and ball (or whether or not I even need both cup bottom and ball to be magnetic).

Thank you for any and all help,
Monte

Reactions: Anshultt6

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Aug 26, 2017
(Full disclosure, I'm brand new to the forum and magic as a whole. I'm curious about the craft and am thinking about learning a handful of acts for use in my teaching career. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer and for patience as I learn.)

I saw a couple of videos of people performing the Chop Cup routine (namely Paul Daniels and Don Alan) and was very impressed. I understand that there is both sleight of hand and magnets involved, but I want to understand more about the cup and balls themselves as I would like to make my own kit. I am envisioning putting a circular magnet at the bottom of an unsuspecting coffee cup and was wondering if someone could help me figure out what kind of strength I would need for both magnet and ball (or whether or not I even need both cup bottom and ball to be magnetic).

Thank you for any and all help,
Monte
I found a source on the internet which will teach you the exact thing....it is a little bit costly..but nothing is costlier then knowledge.This is the link reach you to your desire..
https://amzn.to/2KfZAF0

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results