What are some good learning materials on silverware bending?

Jun 19, 2018
Denmark
I bought Psychokinetik Silverware, and absolutely loved it. I especially use the Pivot bend and the spectator bend (where the fork is in your hand) a lot. I also bought Liquid Metal, and it's good, but personally, I am not a big fan. I get the feeling that Psychokinetic Silverware is about making the fork actually look like it's bending, while Liquid Metal is more about simply revealing that there is a bend. But that's just my opinion.

I am currently looking for more fork (or spoon, but preferably fork) bends. I even invented my own bend, which I experience is (almost) as effective as Banacheks bends.
I was just wondering if there was any good videos, DVD's or anything which includes some good Silverware bends.

Personally, I prefer bends where the fork isn't pre-bent (cork-screw and fatigue bar). Maybe I am just not good enough with the misdirection yet to pull it off.

Seth Hughes

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2018
VA
If you are willing to look at ellusionist then they have really good downloads called liquid Metal 1 and 2

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
Personally, I prefer bends where the fork isn't pre-bent (cork-screw and fatigue bar). Maybe I am just not good enough with the misdirection yet to pull it off.
You can put the corkscrew bend in the fork in real time. But from what I know on the topic (which isn't too much btw), PK Silverware and Liquid Metal are the two resources most people will point you to first in reference to silverware bending.

And I personally like Liquid Metal a lot because it leaves them a unique souvenir to keep. But I get that you're trying to get more magic out of the bending process than the final product, which is totally fine.

I know Morgan Strebler (Creator of Liquid Metal) has other DVD's teaching other ways to mutilate forks like Liquid Killer and Liquid Metal 2 (Includes a tine twist and break). Idk if that would work for you though.

As I said, I'm not an expert in metal bending but it does seem like you have some great resources when it comes to silverware. I (personally) don't know much more you could do in terms of silverware bending.
But once again, that's just from what I know.
Another suggestion I have is maybe you could branch out into other types of metal bending like coins, nails, keys, or paperclips (Ik this isn't as impossible seeming as the others but there are some great visual paperclip bends out there) if that appeals to you.

Menny Lindenfeld has the Art of Metal Bending DVD which covers a bunch of stuff from silverware to keys. Menny usually puts out good stuff but I'm pretty sure most of the silverware bends he teaches on this DVD are covered in PK Silverware and Liquid Metal.

That's just my two cents but I'd wait for more experienced magicians in this field to give their responses.

Reactions: The VIP Gentleman
Jun 27, 2018
L&L do a WGM DVD that is a collection of their metal bending effects. Mostly Banachek and Osterlind. I think the Banacheck stuff on it is different enough from from the bends on PK Silverware to still be useful.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results