How can I make an amazing video?

Jul 1, 2018
I want to make a video and put it up on the marketplace, but I want to make my video pop with special lighting and photoshop it so it will look good. Do any of you use a free video edit app that is good for this?

Jun 14, 2018
If you are making a video, all ways make sure the angles are right. This makes the cardistry/magic more elaborate in appearance. If you want special lighting you could use a black light(you can buy them at stores like walmart for $20). You can use I-movie to edit(i don't know any other)

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Filmora is a good basic video editing program that's not super expensive.

There's one called HitFilm Express which you can get for free - the info page looked good but I haven't actually had time to use it so I don't know how user friendly it is.

Before you worry about any kinds of special effects, focus on learning what makes a good video. Good lighting, good angles, etc. Script/block it out. Good footage requires very little "Extra" to turn into a good video. You take some music, cut the clips together, and you're done.

I recommend studying the videos you like with an eye for what aspects of the video are appealing to you. Do you like how they cut between moves? The music? Look up terms like musicality.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Jul 1, 2018
Filmora is a good basic video editing program that's not super expensive.

There's one called HitFilm Express which you can get for free - the info page looked good but I haven't actually had time to use it so I don't know how user friendly it is.

Before you worry about any kinds of special effects, focus on learning what makes a good video. Good lighting, good angles, etc. Script/block it out. Good footage requires very little "Extra" to turn into a good video. You take some music, cut the clips together, and you're done.

I recommend studying the videos you like with an eye for what aspects of the video are appealing to you. Do you like how they cut between moves? The music? Look up terms like musicality.
Thank you

Jul 1, 2018
If you are making a video, all ways make sure the angles are right. This makes the cardistry/magic more elaborate in appearance. If you want special lighting you could use a black light(you can buy them at stores like walmart for $20). You can use I-movie to edit(i don't know any other)
Thank you

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Rick Lax gave me 2 tips for good magic videos. Make sure you can be seen and make sure you can be heard. That will help immensely. The contra-posative also helps. Make sure you are not seeing too much or hearing too much.

Basically if you can accomplish those two things the magic will speak for itself.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Rick Lax gave me 2 tips for good magic videos. Make sure you can be seen and make sure you can be heard. That will help immensely. The contra-posative also helps. Make sure you are not seeing too much or hearing too much.

Excellent points!

I use HFE and 100% recomend it to anyone and everyone!

It may have been you that tipped it to me, now that I think about it. Have you mentioned it online elsewhere?

Jul 1, 2018
Guess what I was making a video and I had a water bottle beside me. My friend came up behind me and scared me and I knocked over my water bottle and I went all over my cards. So a little tip... keep your lid on your bottle.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results