Saturday Night Contest - On Target!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. If you haven't heard our big announcement earlier today, here it is: All theory11 decks. In ALL Target stores. As of today! If you have a local Target store in your area, odds are you will be able to find all of our decks! We are extremely excited to be able to make theory11 playing cards more accessible for everyone.

Speaking of targets...The challenge for this week is simple: you have 60 seconds to throw and successfully land the most cards into a hat or bin - at a distance of at least 8 feet. Are you up to the challenge?

You have 24 hours to film your entry. Upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST, tomorrow, Sunday, July 8th! After time is up, we will go through all submissions and decide on a winner.

Remember, we are looking for the number of cards you land. Accuracy plays the most important role in this challenge. So make sure you practice before you start filming to increase your chances of winning! One card at a time only, please!

What will the winner take home? 1,000 Elite Member Points, a deck of Gold Monarchs, and 12 Decks of ANY currently in stock deck available in our store (you can mix and match)!

There's a lot up for grabs this week so start practicing and good luck!

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
Question..
What if 5 people land 69 cards each.
Tied for the most... would you then pick randomly between them?

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Aug 6, 2017
Can we crumble the cards? And can we put the bin at an angle or does the opening has to look up?

Feb 12, 2018
India
I'm lucky on this one, since I'm into card throwing but it depends on others too....anyways good luck to everyone

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
This may be stupid but:
Does a top shot, or other various card shot count as a throw?
Those card shots can count as a throw, would just be difficult.

Question..
What if 5 people land 69 cards each.
Tied for the most... would you then pick randomly between them?
We are also factoring difficulty into account, so the person who is the farthest away or throws into a smaller bin would take the win.

can we use a backboard? and how big can the bin be?
You can, but we are also looking at difficulty and accuracy. A backboard would severely diminish both of those factors. The bin can be big or small, but the smaller the bin is the more impressive and higher chance of winning.

Can we use more than one deck
If you can throw more than 52 cards into a bin in under a minute, go for it! One card at a time.

Can we crumble the cards? And can we put the bin at an angle or does the opening has to look up?
Cannot crumble. They have to be thrown in the form as they come from the card box. Just a normal playing card as is. You can put the bin at an angle (like facing towards you) or facing up, whichever you prefer.

Dec 1, 2017
Would using plastic playing cards make your chances of winning slimmer? I'm wondering because I don't want to ruin any of my paper decks and there seems to be some rules not gone over yet. Either way, good luck to everyone!

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results