Saturday Night Contest - On Target!

Dec 1, 2017
Also, how will distance be verified and/or counted? Should we put up some sort of indication as to how far we are throwing?

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Would using plastic playing cards make your chances of winning slimmer? I'm wondering because I don't want to ruin any of my paper decks and there seems to be some rules not gone over yet. Either way, good luck to everyone!

Playing cards are playing cards. If it's a playing card, use it! We can tell the distance you are throwing from in the video; there isn't any super specific formula for this contest. Just throw as many cards one at a time into a target in 60 seconds!

Stratego

Elite Member
May 18, 2017
I hate you for showing me how bad I am at card throwing, my best was around 5 cards and I didn’t even start recording because it’s way not enough. And my wife hate you for the mess I made, there are cards everywhere on the floor and bins in every corner. We hate you.

All this is a joke of course but that’s one hell of a difficult contest, I can’t compete.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Well ,so far we all used different methods , baskets, and produced different numerical results. What we can all agree on that is not different is that this was one tough challenge. Good Luck guys.

Oh my word. I was like "how hard can it be?" So I did from 12 feet and the most I got was 4 - after probably close to 2000 throws. It was maddening. Most of the time I got nothing in. Oy vey.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Jan 13, 2015
Ok, this was by far one of the hardest SNC's i've entered but here's mine: 6 cards at just over 15ft! took about 2 hours to get this result! Cards were thrown into a small wastepaper bin. Plz ignore the background noise/voices, there was a party going on upstairs.

theSunnyG

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2012
Many lessons learnt from this one.

1. Card throwing is hard!
2. My guestimation of 'around 8"' is totally off.

So I didn't measure my distance before recording since I knew I was at least 8 feet away - in my mind probably around 10...then I read that everyone was posting their exact distance, so I just measured it, and I was at 15.5 feet away...I made this so much harder for myself *facepalm*

I count I think 15 in a literal bin from 15 feet away.

Dec 31, 2015
I think we’re all seeing an area we could improve in. My issue is so much centered in long term accuracy. The first 6 feet are easy. Then the cards start arcing up or down on me :(. I may just try this at the bare minimum 8 feet and try to reduce the power I put into the card instead of sitting at 12 feet to accommodate the power.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results