Saturday Night Contest - On Target!

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Many lessons learnt from this one.

1. Card throwing is hard!
2. My guestimation of 'around 8"' is totally off.

So I didn't measure my distance before recording since I knew I was at least 8 feet away - in my mind probably around 10...then I read that everyone was posting their exact distance, so I just measured it, and I was at 15.5 feet away...I made this so much harder for myself *facepalm*

I count I think 15 in a literal bin from 15 feet away.

download.jpg

Reactions: 010rusty
Feb 12, 2018
India
I only counted six for you... I could be wrong but I'm not sure "in and out" counts.

The in and out must count because it's plastic cards and they tend to bounce and I counted while I was throwing too it's 8...anyways it's k

Feb 12, 2018
India
Many lessons learnt from this one.

1. Card throwing is hard!
2. My guestimation of 'around 8"' is totally off.

So I didn't measure my distance before recording since I knew I was at least 8 feet away - in my mind probably around 10...then I read that everyone was posting their exact distance, so I just measured it, and I was at 15.5 feet away...I made this so much harder for myself *facepalm*

I count I think 15 in a literal bin from 15 feet away.
Yo this is too good

Dec 31, 2015
Well here’s my feeble attempt.

I counted 10 cards through the 10” x 7” opening at a distance of 12 feet away. I daresay my arm will be sore in the morning. Anyways, back to my online college work. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Haschich

Elite Member
Nov 17, 2016
Brazil
www.instagram.com
Oh boy
This was a really nice contest, I spent more than 4 hours trying to get a nice result.
I started with a big bin and then smaller ones, then I had to use this pan/pot because I don't have a bin or hat this size, I hope it still counts.
The final result is 3 meters (a little less than 10 feet), 16 cards inside (I didn't count the bounce-offs), and some random copyright-free music for motivation :D.

Good luck everyone!

Dec 29, 2017
After playing 416 card pickup, I managed to land one in the basket I was using by getting frustrated, flicking it hard, hitting the diagonal slope of my ceiling --> banking off the center "pole" of my home gym and about 3 feet forward into the basket. I don't feel like cutting and uploading it but I consider myself a personal winner here. I had a dude perfect moment.

Good luck you crazy card slingin' gambits.

Dec 31, 2015
Seeing all these numbers is making me wonder if I used a way too small bowl.
Question: anyone else having any stress pain in the shoulder area? Cuz I woke up with some I think I practiced for too long lol
I don’t know about shoulder pain but my right bicep is fairly sore. In this craft though, it’s not uncommon after long practice hours to be sore in a place or three.

Dec 1, 2017
Was a tough one.It was a steep learning curve at least for me.I couldn't put even 1 card at the beginning.Four cards slipped out of the bag through the hole in the top I didn't count them .
24 cards at 8 ft.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Dec 31, 2015
I can throw cards with good force...just not with accuracy...

That’s definitely me as well. I’ve noticed that I can usually get the cards in the same general area (within 6 feet of my target) but I still need to do a lot of work on that. On the bright side at least the majority of my cards aren’t totally random in the directions they fly.

Dec 29, 2017
I can throw cards with good force...just not with accuracy...

There is a good Modern Rogue video on this, they had some champ break it down and if I remember correctly it was pretty much very similar to throwing a baseball with his style and wherever your pointing it should end up going.

Reactions: Steven the Wizard
Dec 30, 2014
Ahh man! Spend about 3 to 4 hours just chucking cards and the best I got was 20 and didn't manage to upload in time. Not that it would have beaten 24. Oh well nice work to everyone who took part. I absolutely ruined my cards now.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results