What's a trick you hate doing but your audience loves?

Nov 27, 2017
making something with invisible or brainwave deck. I also hate both of them haha.. .BTW I would be happy If I have THREAD, but they are just sold out, and I haven't got a chance to get it :( pity. So I dont know the method , even no idea how its done.

Jan 2, 2016
California
making something with invisible or brainwave deck. I also hate both of them haha.. .BTW I would be happy If I have THREAD, but they are just sold out, and I haven't got a chance to get it :( pity. So I don't know the method , even no idea how its done.
You don't like the invisible deck? Why? just curious.

Also, Thread is very close to being one more of a stunt than a magic trick. The trick is sorta done for real.

Reactions: Greg0ry
Nov 27, 2017
You don't like the invisible deck? Why? just curious.

Also, Thread is very close to being one more of a stunt than a magic trick. The trick is sorta done for real.

In general I don't really like those kind of gimmicked stuff what are incredibly can't eximaneable (lol not sure this Word exist haha ) thats the main reason, but of course you can say do a deck switch, or why just somebody want to look at the deck. But sometime it can be really shity (I experienced) and its not very natural to have a routine useing deck swithes and insert an effect with the invisible. Also with sleight of hand you can do the "invisible deck effect". and then why not? Ok any card.. yeah.. "any" :) But its a great tool , I really don't want to blame it.

Btw you know any way to get Thread??? Since a Year im running after it…. and no succes

Jan 2, 2016
California
In general I don't really like those kind of gimmicked stuff what are incredibly can't eximaneable (lol not sure this Word exist haha ) thats the main reason, but of course you can say do a deck switch, or why just somebody want to look at the deck. But sometime it can be really shity (I experienced) and its not very natural to have a routine useing deck swithes and insert an effect with the invisible. Also with sleight of hand you can do the "invisible deck effect". and then why not? Ok any card.. yeah.. "any" :) But its a great tool , I really don't want to blame it.

Btw you know any way to get Thread??? Since a Year im running after it…. and no succes
I think the magic store near me has a few copies but they aren't listed on his site. He ships anywhere in the world so...
He's also really close with Wayne Houchin (creator of Thread) so if anyone could get you a copy, it's him. Maybe shoot him an email and see if he has any he could sell you.

http://www.grandillusions.com/

Reactions: Greg0ry
Nov 27, 2017
I think the magic store near me has a few copies but they aren't listed on his site. He ships anywhere in the world so...
He's also really close with Wayne Houchin (creator of Thread) so if anyone could get you a copy, it's him. Maybe shoot him an email and see if he has any he could sell you.

http://www.grandillusions.com/

Wow, man. THANK YOU !!!! I Will email !!! :) Btw, what you think about what I said?

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
In general I don't really like those kind of gimmicked stuff what are incredibly can't eximaneable (lol not sure this Word exist haha ) thats the main reason

Part of that is magician’s guilt. You know the deck is gimmickef so you handle it differently than a regular deck arousing suspicion. Treat it like a normal deck and the audience will assume it is a normal deck.

If you want to end examinable (Intend to build examination into my routines sontheybexamine it on my terms not when they want to)
start out with a regular deck and then put it in a pocket as if you are done. Then, as an afterthought, decide to do one more effect. Then, take a deck out of your pocket and hand it to the spectator. Another spectator or group thinks of a card. Cleanly and openly spread the deck and show the one card reversed in the deck. Hand that card to the spectator to hold and then absentlmindedly put the deck back in the case and in your pocket. When they hand you the card, pull out a normal deck, take their card and put it on top of the deck and then absentmindedly give the deck a shuffle, controlling the card to the bottom. You are now ready to put the deck in the box or hand it out using a gambler’s cop.

Nov 27, 2017
Part of that is magician’s guilt. You know the deck is gimmickef so you handle it differently than a regular deck arousing suspicion. Treat it like a normal deck and the audience will assume it is a normal deck.

If you want to end examinable (Intend to build examination into my routines sontheybexamine it on my terms not when they want to)
start out with a regular deck and then put it in a pocket as if you are done. Then, as an afterthought, decide to do one more effect. Then, take a deck out of your pocket and hand it to the spectator. Another spectator or group thinks of a card. Cleanly and openly spread the deck and show the one card reversed in the deck. Hand that card to the spectator to hold and then absentlmindedly put the deck back in the case and in your pocket. When they hand you the card, pull out a normal deck, take their card and put it on top of the deck and then absentmindedly give the deck a shuffle, controlling the card to the bottom. You are now ready to put the deck in the box or hand it out using a gambler’s cop.

Of course, what you've written down, that Ive mentioned.. : "but of course you can say do a deck switch, or why just somebody want to look at the deck" -- if you present it in a right way--- thats right. So thats great what you said, but still my opinion is the same. Never mind.

Jan 2, 2016
California
The Invisible deck is probably one my my most performed gimmicked effects and I also really don't like using a fully gimmicked deck. However, with the ID, I've made an exception because the effect is worth it (imo) and really shouldn't give your audience the impression that something is wrong with the deck.

Something like a Svengali or Mental Photo deck involves changing the state of the deck (making them all one card or making blank cards into a colored deck). When you transform an object in some way in magic, people are naturally going to want to examine the objects involved.

However, with something as simple as a single reversed card, people (from my experience) don't seem to assume that the deck had anything to do with it. From my experience, their main question will either be "how did he know I'd pick that card?" or "how did he flip the card?". I actually had one person ask to see the box because they were "positive" the box had something to do with it.

Usually what I do is take the card back while they're freaking out and put the deck away. If they ask to see the deck, I just pull out the normal deck. I don't put in the effort of doing a purposeful switch because more often than not, they don't care to see it. Sure immediately putting it away might seem strange but from my experienced most people are too stunned to register it as suspicious. In most cases, you could probably leave the deck out and no one would even think to touch it. I just put it away to be safe.

It's the same way with the stealth pen trick. Although the pen is gimmicked, the prop ends clean. However, I've found that most people inspect the dollar more than the pen. Every time I do the trick, I leave the pen out since it is inspectable, but like 90% of the time, they don't even check the pen. When they do, most of them don't even take off the cap.

An idea The Jerx had was to leave the deck out on the table so people could check it out if they wanted to. He said 9/10 times, they didn't even touch it. However, in the off chance someone did pick it up and find the secret, he carried a folded billet with "you will figure out my trick at _____", a nail writer, as well as a "card to wallet" wallet. When they figure it out he would nonchalantly go "Oh man who would've guessed you'd figure it out at exactly 5:12PM" and pull out the folded billet with the correct time on the card. I haven't tried it out but it seems like a cool way to make what should be a slip up into another impossible effect.

That's just my input though. To each his own. If the Invisible Deck isn't your thing, that's totally fine :)

Reactions: RealityOne
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results