Saturday Night Contest - Creating Cardistry

Jul 1, 2014
I've seen a fan that uses both hands to faro, and then turn the outer packet into position. That fan comes down from the top of the deck and terminates at the wrist. This fan can be done with two decks simultaneously, one in each hand, and can fan 360 degrees. I think it's only similar in the regard that the corners of the deck are interlaced. If you've seen this version, feel free to send me a link and I'll be happy to take it off youtube.

Ah yes, I just checked again. The only part that is the same is when the fan is formed. Other than that, I can say this is a one-handed variation of the original fan. Did not mean to be aggressive xD

zombieripper

Elite Member
Dec 7, 2013
Ah yes, I just checked again. The only part that is the same is when the fan is formed. Other than that, I can say this is a one-handed variation of the original fan. Did not mean to be aggressive xD
No problem. I appreciate the feedback. I don't usually release anything online, youtube or otherwise, because I've worked on things in the past only to discover that it already existed elsewhere. I've done it enough times that I try not to assume anything I come up with, or modify, is really original. For example, I once spent three years developing a strike bottom deal from scratch, because the pushoff deals I had studied didn't suit me. I was very proud of the method, because it was very deceptive, and I thought I was the only one that knew about it. I scoured the internet looking for similar methods but I found nothing. After all the trial and error, and time and energy, just by chance, I bought a dvd called The Unreal Sessions 2. On it, Paul Wilson did a brief tutorial on strike bottom dealing using basically the same method! It turns out the method has been published in multiple books, and has been around longer than I have. Apparently I was the last person on Earth to figure that out! I think most people that work with cards have had a similar experience. Luckily, I found out about it before I threw it out on the internet, and ticked a bunch of people off. Now more than ever it's hard to find "original" methods of manipulating cards, and with so many people on so many different platforms, it's difficult to check every video and every book. As you sit in a room with a deck of cards and follow wherever your instincts and imagination take you, it's inevitable that you'll rediscover something that already exists. Whenever I get my bubble burst that way, instead of dissapointment, I look to see who the source of the technique actually is. If someone you respect and have learned from is using it, then you know your time wasn't wasted. Just because you're a little late to the party doesn't mean you developed a bad technique or that it isn't still useful. You may even have a few insights on the move that they don't know about. I'm still very proud of my bottom deal. I just won't be teaching it to anyone. I hope that the members of Theory11 will continue to provide this sort of feedback. In case I do something stupid! Thank you!

Dec 3, 2017
My main Problem with cardistry is it essentially means nothing. There is Zero connection. and since critea for this week includes:

I realize in order to make it what I want i have a patter and actual presentation. Rather than flashy editing and loud music.
So here is a true story of the most influential moment of my magic career. The cut?cardistry move tha changed my magic life

i completely disagree with you that cardistry means nothing. you could then say that for any form of art...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results