Straight Jacket

Jul 24, 2018
hey guys,

I was looking at gimmicked magic straight jackets and found all kinds I was wondering if you have an idea as to what the best one would be. (I want the audience to be able to inspect it)

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
hey guys,

I was looking at gimmicked magic straight jackets and found all kinds I was wondering if you have an idea as to what the best one would be. (I want the audience to be able to inspect it)
I've never really heard of a straight up gimmicked magic straitjacket but I do know they make ones with larger sleeves to make it easier to escape from. Most should hold up to audience inspection as even the one's specifically made for escaping from will require some skill to get out of. I know Penguin sells this one:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4060

There's also this guy:
http://www.realstraightjackets.com/

Dec 31, 2016
You don't need a gimmick if it fits you ok. The real deal is the Human Restraint jacket, which does not come with a crotch strap (as they didn't actually have them) but it's easy enough to add one. I scored one used and it's great, because it really does look like an antique real straight jacket. But that said, I remember reading in the Mickey Hades book that there was one company that made one where the only gimmick was a widened arm hole, and that would actually be dead handy. (Wide enough your upper arm can go through). I'd hunt for one of those. That Hades book was really good. Wish I hadn't lost my copy!

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Strait Jacket*

Personally I don't see the need for a gimmick. I can escape a real one in under a minute, or stretch it to around 2 minutes if I want to do it more theatrically. The one I currently use I purchased from Monkey Dungeon - but do note, that's a BDSM site and NSFW (or for delicate sensibilities). It's custom made - black canvas, bone white leather trim, and a chest and crotch strap. I open most sideshow performances with it.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results