Huge idea that might be a new meta.

Jul 30, 2018
We all know the things that ruin our cards, our hands, Oily sweaty and the moisture. SO i had this idea dont doubt this because i tested it and it worked if you do it the right way.

How about you create Cardistry/Magic gloves that specializes for that category. I dony if this was already invented but i never saw anything connected to these.

I've bought a normal 5$ bicycle deck just for this expiriment and also a normal winter glove + an kitchen glove.

The discovery is actually you need to take care of the gloves just like your cards

So what i actually did is see when the cards are going to wear out, so i tried my winter glove for 2 weeks, i put on my glove everytime im going to use my cards ive done this for 2 weeks, result: MAH GOD THE CARDS ARE BUTTTTER hardly no problems. So i tried with no glove, so i played with them for 1 week, i woke up a day and they are not the same they got warped. The only problem i had with my winter glove is that it wasnt leather, or like the kitchen ones, i did some minor modifications with the kitchen ones to make them to tight for my fingers and hands. Did the same with my new 10 dollar momento another 2 weeks, like butter, but it weared out idk why but what i know its because the leather it acted like my hands i can say too tight and it needs some another layer so it doesnt attract sweat or oil. Theory11 if you can do that you are a goddddd

Sep 10, 2017
Honestly I dont think it will work. If you learn heavier sleight of hand stuff like false dealing and some palming techniques or even something like the pinky count, you will see that you can only do those moves with your bare hands. They are mainly made for your skin, contacting the cards and thr gloves can make it too slippery and out of control. If you want your cards to last longer, put them in a cold place when youre not using them and wash your hands every time before taking them out.

Reactions: Nectar
Jul 30, 2018
The winter gloves had that problem. BUT the leather kitchen glove felt like my hand but it was like a sponge attracting sweat and oil just like our hands. Yesterday i went to costco and saw high leather glove, it had two layers whoch means layer 1 bas the oil but doesnt touch the cards

Jul 30, 2018
And arpy in some magician or cardist country theres sometimes no place cold like i live in saudi arabia Historically IT WAS A (edited for language) DESSERT sometimes we reach 60 degrees 100 max. We barely see rain, so even in our homes we get sweat in our hands while doing some cardistry which will make baddd moisture for our cards, its all about where you live you have to notice that ypur hand might be ruining them

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mr_ARPY
Jul 30, 2018
Even if you say just keep in cold unwarm safe place, maybe where you live might not be ruining it but your hands who develop sweat while playing cardistry which creates bad moisture for the cards, Ruin it.

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
I'm not sure this will work in hot temperatures. The excessive sweating inside the glove can actually damage the skin on your hands with constant use.
Not to mention.... the smell...

Jul 30, 2018
Which why i mentioned why you have to take care of the glove aslong as you use the gloves in with a dim light and windows closed your fine. But if theory11 can do some modifacations and create cardiatty gloves that specializes for cards and put layers you will be 85% fine depending on your care

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results