How to stop finger muscle pain and knuckle pain in fingers

Aug 14, 2018
Hello for the past few days I've been doing a lot of practice with coins and rubix cubes and cards and recently I've been having immense pain in my fingers and palms which means that it is difficult to do Sleights . I'm not very experienced only been doing it for 2 years... Is there anyone here who has been through this? Because at the moment I don't know what to do? Need help!

From Neil
@NeilSahoo

Reactions: Mr_ARPY
Aug 9, 2018
United Kingdom
Take a break from practicing and stretch your hands/fingers. They're just hurting from being used so much. Taking a break and coming back to it later will mean the muscles in your hands will be stronger. Also to reduce the risk of repetitive strain injury.
It's surprising that after 2 years you haven't experienced muscle pain in your hands before.

Aug 14, 2018
Take a break from practicing and stretch your hands/fingers. They're just hurting from being used so much. Taking a break and coming back to it later will mean the muscles in your hands will be stronger. Also to reduce the risk of repetitive strain injury.
It's surprising that after 2 years you haven't experienced muscle pain in your hands before.
Hey thanks for that my pain is now gradually reducing .

Reactions: sk1ndeep
Aug 7, 2018
Hello for the past few days I've been doing a lot of practice with coins and rubix cubes and cards and recently I've been having immense pain in my fingers and palms which means that it is difficult to do Sleights . I'm not very experienced only been doing it for 2 years... Is there anyone here who has been through this? Because at the moment I don't know what to do? Need help!

From Neil
@NeilSahoo
I know this is late but take a break. I’ve had this weird thing where ever since I started cardistry I just want to keep doing flourishes over and over again. But that kills my hand (especially because I have some tendinitis). But as a drummer the best advice I can give you is to LISTEN TO YOUR HANDS. When you start the day, I doesnt matter how amazing you are you still need to warm up. Don’t go at it 100% the second you take the cards out of the box. Do stretches. Flex the cards in your hands a bit that way your fingers and joints loosen up. And any time you aren’t practicing and you’re just bored, try some dexterity exercises without cards. (You can find stuff all over YouTube.) And if it still hurts no matter how hard it may be, put the cards down. It sucks but you’d rather rest for one day than be injured and have to put it off for weeks or possibly months depending on how bad it is.

Bonus: if for some reason it’s only one hand, like how my right hand starts to get sore more quickly than my left due to tendonitis, do tricks and flourishes that only involve the hand that doesnt hurt. That way you can still practice without straining yourself. If you hurt your dominant hand try learning moves with your non dominant hand and see if you can make it as good as your dominant hand. It’ll make for some impressive cardistry.

Dec 5, 2014
Agreed w/ the comments above ^^
But, regardless of how serious it may be, remember that you will always bounce back from it.

Take Shin Lim for example. He had surgery on his hand and he's back on live TV as if nothing wrong had happened. Hope everything is well!

Reactions: PizzaCatTattoos
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results