theory11 at Target ?

Aug 8, 2018
I passed by the target by my job here in Miami, Fl and noticed the area with the playing cards were not longer there. I asked a store clerk and she responded with she was told to take all "premium" playing cards down as they are not discontinued at target .. anyone else run into this ? any word from Theory 11 not selling through Target any more ?
Thank you ,

Reactions: 2018earthling
Jan 14, 2018
Philadelphia, PA
I passed by the target by my job here in Miami, Fl and noticed the area with the playing cards were not longer there. I asked a store clerk and she responded with she was told to take all "premium" playing cards down as they are not discontinued at target .. anyone else run into this ? any word from Theory 11 not selling through Target any more ?
Thank you ,
I was not aware of this, I recently bought theory11 cards from Target, though that was about a week or so ago, I guess that makes my Red High Victorians a lot more valuable :)

Aug 8, 2018
I was not aware of this, I recently bought theory11 cards from Target, though that was about a week or so ago, I guess that makes my Red High Victorians a lot more valuable :)
I bought two Reds Vics from them two days ago .. thats why I was shocked when they said that today ..

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
They weren't on display at the Target I went to when I visited the states last week. I had to ask a clerk who then brought a bunch out. It was weird but I figured they just didn't get around to stocking them.

Reactions: R1194

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Thank you ,

I can tell you with 100% surety that this is NOT the case. A Target employee may have been told to take them down, but that is not because they were discontinued.

I will also say that in many Targets our playing card display has moved. It went from the wall in the back of Toys to an endcap on the aisle.

My source? I am the person Target orders theory11 playing cards from. ;-)

// L

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
They weren't on display at the Target I went to when I visited the states last week. I has to ask a clerk who then brought a bunch out. It was weird but I figured they just didn't get around to stocking them.

Likely due to these being moved around in the store. That, or the store stocked out, then filled our space with other stuff, then got more in that they just hadn't put out yet.

// L

Jan 14, 2018
Philadelphia, PA
Thank you ,
I don't know, you might have come across a lazy clerk who just didn't feel like bringing them out (though it's all just speculation) , I'll be sure to check the Target close-by

Jahaylj28

Elite Member
Jul 12, 2018
Yes I too have noticed this. Used to a beautiful theory 11 display box. Now just a few decks thrown on an end cap. Disappointing

Jahaylj28

Elite Member
Jul 12, 2018
Ive been trying to track down one the display boxes. My mother works at target and I told her if they throw one away to grab it for me lol

Aug 8, 2018
I can tell you with 100% surety that this is NOT the case. A Target employee may have been told to take them down, but that is not because they were discontinued.

I will also say that in many Targets our playing card display has moved. It went from the wall in the back of Toys to an endcap on the aisle.

My source? I am the person Target orders theory11 playing cards from. ;-)

// L
This I remembered , it was next to the exploding kittens cards in the back and then moved to the end cap with some uno and bicycle cards.

Aug 8, 2018
I don't know, you might have come across a lazy clerk who just didn't feel like bringing them out (though it's all just speculation) , I'll be sure to check the Target close-by
She seemed nice and I performed a magic trick with my monarchs to sweeten the deal when she checked in the back lol . Ill check the Target by my house later today .

Jan 14, 2018
Philadelphia, PA
If only it were true, haha.

// L
Oh well haha they’re still really nice cards and are thus already invaluable.

Funny story, I once had a friend who lived in Charleston and went to the Rarebit quite often. He knew I was into cards so one day, he took his family out to the Rarebit and got the Green Rarebit deck. He offered it to me because he knew I liked cards. However, I had never heard of the Rarebit deck and had no idea what Theory11 was at the time since all my magic stuff came from Penguin, so I assumed it was a bad promotional offer type of deck. As a result, I missed out on the Rarebit deck and I’m very sad

Aug 8, 2018
Oh well haha they’re still really nice cards and are thus already invaluable.

Funny story, I once had a friend who lived in Charleston and went to the Rarebit quite often. He knew I was into cards so one day, he took his family out to the Rarebit and got the Green Rarebit deck. He offered it to me because he knew I liked cards. However, I had never heard of the Rarebit deck and had no idea what Theory11 was at the time since all my magic stuff came from Penguin, so I assumed it was a bad promotional offer type of deck. As a result, I missed out on the Rarebit deck and I’m very sad
damnnnnn lol .
Im not going to lie though.. i really wished the High Vics would have been foiled like the tuck cases .. i was a bit sad when i opened the greens, at least the reds are red in the back .

Aug 1, 2018
For whatever it's worth, the Barnes & Noble had a theory11 display with a few decks left and I bought several packs almost emptying the display. I was hoping they would restock but they told me it was being discontinued. I did find the decks available at Target. Are there any other retail stores selling them?

Reactions: RobertC11437

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
For whatever it's worth, the Barnes & Noble had a theory11 display with a few decks left and I bought several packs almost emptying the display. I was hoping they would restock but they told me it was being discontinued. I did find the decks available at Target. Are there any other retail stores selling them?

Barnes and Noble are also 100% not discontinuing our decks. Not even close. If they are almost out, it just means they sold a lot and haven't got more in. I ship cards to Barnes and Noble on a regular basis as well, and we sell decks in nearly every single B&N store.

// L

Reactions: RobertC11437
Aug 8, 2018
Barnes and Noble are also 100% not discontinuing our decks. Not even close. If they are almost out, it just means they sold a lot and haven't got more in. I ship cards to Barnes and Noble on a regular basis as well, and we sell decks in nearly every single B&N store.

// L

Considering the amount of misinformation being provided by these uninformed employees potentially hurting sales , should theory 11 maybe reach out to them and raise a concern so they can send out publications for their management to advise the employee to stop with this nonsense ..? To be honest , if it wasn't for this thread I would have really thought target stop selling and wouldn't go back looking as the cards were the only reason I even walked in that place lol..
And out of couriosity , do you sell in other stores other than target and barns ?

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Considering the amount of misinformation being provided by these uninformed employees potentially hurting sales , should theory 11 maybe reach out to them and raise a concern so they can send out publications for their management to advise the employee to stop with this nonsense ..?

The issue here is that people who do not know are being asked. People working at Target and Barnes and Noble have LOADS of different jobs. If you grab a random Target employee to ask, chances are they have nothing to do with the toys section. Even if they do, only a few specific people will have access to any information about what is discontinued there. The best that a Target employee can do is guess. If they have seen an empty display for a couple weeks, they may well think things are discontinued and that will be the answer they give you.

Best advice? If you don't see our decks, ask an employee to see if they can help you find them. If they can't or say the decks are discontinued, come back later. Neither Target nor B&N is discontinuing our decks anytime soon.

And out of couriosity , do you sell in other stores other than target and barns ?

Target, B&N, and Amazon are our big stores in the USA. Beyond that I don't have a list, but we are in lots of small stores and magic shops.

// L

Reactions: Sendmindsacrosseons
Aug 6, 2017
Just a coincidence I guess but my target also no longer had theory 11 cards where they used to be and I looked all around the toys section. From Lyle's comments I assume they were out of stock.

Aug 8, 2018
Just a coincidence I guess but my target also no longer had theory 11 cards where they used to be and I looked all around the toys section. From Lyle's comments I assume they were out of stock.
Check the end caps facing electronics . That's where they moved them too is most targets in my area .

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results