Guessing the color of underwear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2018
Hi there, I've just been watching Maxmagic on TV. He performed an effect where he correctly guessed the colour of both ladies' and gents' underwear.

Does anyone know if this method can be found in any book?

Many thanks.

Reactions: 2018earthling
Mar 4, 2018
I don't know what performance piece you are specifically referring to nor would I ever perform this myself but I may be able to give some guidance with some basic mentalism principles that I know. If I was to hypothetically perform this I would pre-show one of the audience members involved in the performance and then use a one ahead guessing method to ensure all my guesses came out correctly at the end. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Mr_ARPY

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Hey StenleyMagic142713 the guys aren't trying to be unhelpful there's just a few things going on.

1. The initial question is a bit bizarre. The trick is unique and the description provided isn't all that specific. There's not a lot for us to go on. It might look like he just goes up to someone and says, "Hey, you are wearing pink polka dotted undies!" but I can guarantee that is not what is happening.

2. Having someone name the color of my underwear seems a little creepy and awkward. I think the responses from the forum members are trying to communicate that doing this kind of a trick isn't the best idea in the world. It has the potential to come off as creepy.

3. Posting about an accomplished magician and asking how his tricks are done is basically asking for exposure. If it's not, it getting close.

To answer your initial question. I believe that the presentation you saw was original to that magician. I consider myself to be fairly well read and I have never heard of an effect like this. So, no, I don't think this is published anywhere.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I think this thread has run its course. But before we put it behind us, I'll leave you with this:

P.S. - That is a David Williamson effect that was only provided to Copperfield and I suspect that only Copperfield could get away with that presentation in the 1980s.

Reactions: DominusDolorum
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results