theory11 at Target ?

Aug 8, 2018
Just came back from both target and barns by my house . Spoke with the manager and he told me at barns there's a guy that comes in every truck day and takes most of he theory 11 lol
I did buy the blue tycoons as they looked cool and I didn't have them yet ..
And target just finished stocking yesterday and had 22 on hand (I have all the ones they sell ) so nothing new at the moment for me (minus the jimmy and the snl's I'll pass on those lol)

Aug 1, 2018
Barnes and Noble are also 100% not discontinuing our decks. Not even close. If they are almost out, it just means they sold a lot and haven't got more in. I ship cards to Barnes and Noble on a regular basis as well, and we sell decks in nearly every single B&N store.
// L

Maybe it's limited to just this one B&N because it was the manager who told me this in no uncertain terms. It would be closest local source to me here in Tallahassee since both Targets are across town from where I live.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
What he ^ said.

Every Target I have seen has moved them from the Toys back wall to an aisle encap. I assume this is the way most of the Targets are displaying now.

// L

This is what happened at my local Target.

Oh and with the Barnes and Noble ones it seems like my local store only puts them out seasonally. Green and Red Monarchs in December, Love Me playing cards in February. I'm sure some of it depends on management but they are there.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
On a related note: will Hudsons be sold in Target and B&N eventually?

Possibly, eventually. The decks Target and B&N carry are determined MONTHS in advance, and both stores have not even seen the Hudson deck yet. At some point when we change the decks we carry at those stores around, it is likely that Hudson will move into those assortments. Won't be soon.

// L

Aug 1, 2018
For whatever it's worth, the person I talked to at the local B&N apparently was speaking out of abject ignorance because they restocked last week and I ended up picking up 2 decks of Unions, 2 decks of white Artisans, 2 decks of blue Tycoons, and 2 decks of Contrabands. A good day.

Reactions: Lyle Borders

Zeede

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2018
Unfortunately in retail this is often common. When my daughter was into Skylanders I figured out that I had to talk to the head of the electronics department at Toys R Us because nobody else actually knew what they were talking about, even though most of them talked as if they were preaching gospel to me.

I had a really weird experience with Barnes & Noble where I located an Artisans wooden box set on clearance for $15 at a B&N in Illinois. I called the store and the lady said that they couldn't ship it to my local B&N, but they could ship it to me. I would have to pay for shipping...and the price would jump up to $60 for the box set. Apparently if my friend went in person to the store and bought it, it would also be $60. It would only be $15 if I bought it online and had it picked up in person.

That was so weird, but I even went online to "live chat" with a customer service rep and he confirmed that this was in fact how they did business. *shrug*

Oct 2, 2018
First post...just learned about T11 a week ago and have six decks already...all bought at B&N

I've worked at B&N for 15 years, and we are not discontinuing them. They're supposed to be merchandised on an endcap in the SHC dep't....where the adult puzzles and games are. Employees there can look in the system and look up "theory11" in the toys and games category and see what we're SUPPOSED to have. I say "supposed" because they are a high theft item, and I've had to fix the stock counts on at least four decks. Be patient and persistant, and you should be able to get them. Also, see if you can special order some. If they are available at our warehouses, ordering should be easy.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results