The Creativity Thread

Sep 1, 2007
Pillow

Stuffing transforms into playing cards.
Stuffing transforms into duffs (works well for feather pillows).
Stuffing transforms into rocks.
Levitation (like sleeping on air).
Demonstrating the ability to alter the properties of matter, a magician uses a pillow to break a cinderblock.

Credit Card

Variation on The Miser's Dream. Wave the credit card over a cup and it becomes filled coins.
Pass the card through the hand and a folded up bill comes with it after showing both hands empty.
Shove a credit card into a Barnes & Noble sign and it vanishes. Pull a book out of the sign. The credit card is sticking out of the book with a reciept wrapped around it.

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
Mouse - PK mouse effect.

CD - One CD-Rom flurry - Hover CD

Desk - TnR Desk... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
RebelAce69 suggested a Doritos bag. Why not have a selected/signed card/coin appear in a sealed Doritos bag?

Steerpike mentioned a Credit Card and the Miser's Dream. Why not perform a Miser's Dream and produce Credit Cards instead of Coins? Perhaps culminated with all of the cards in the bucket (or better yet, a clear receptacle of some sort) either vanishing or turning into some expensive (or expensive looking) item such as jewelry, iPods or other easily identifiable and desirable electronics, or any other highly desirable item that people would purchase if they had the "unlimited" amount of credit that was just produced.

Sep 14, 2007
Hmm well I have a large Doritos bag near me, maybe a torn and restored bag effect...hmm that could be done and also pretty street worthy as well since it's chips :)

-RA69

Hm....it takes a rocket scientist how to disappear a dorito the fastest way...hmm...i know how!

WARNING EXPOSURE:

- take dorito in right hand
- pass it to left hand
- point at sky and "look flying david blaine!"
- quickly eat the dorito
- "you didn't see NOTHIN'!"

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
Okay, I didn't read the forum though, but I LOVE the topic.

I picked up a cube of Post-It notes.

1. Use it with a swamii gimmick

2. Write one card on each page of the cube and use it as a prediction routine...

3. DL the top two sheets to reveal the third sheet below it....

Jul 12, 2008
Kendal
Ipod shuffle box

You could do a coin through glass trick or "infusion". Alternatively...

*Walks up to stranger*
"Here I have something for you"
*Passes over box inside wrapping paper*
"What the hell is this? Who are you?"
"Do you have the time?"
*spectator checks watch*
"Oh my God, my watch is gone!"
*walks off*

Obviously the watch is in the performer's pocket and a cheap replica is in the box :p

Checkbook- A check that is written with an invisible pen. Watch as your confused cashier sees you write with an invisible pen, then pull the check out and hand it to her, fully printed. That is some good street magic.

Djembe(hand drum)- Could be used like the magic top hats of old to produce any number of things from it, during what start out as just a drum performance. Im thinking like, pretending it doesnt sound right, then pull one of those huge straws out of it.

Pulp Fiction Poster- Have several gangster and mob related posters of characters from the Godfather, Scarface, Pulp Fiction etc...Write alive on the back of one of the characters, and dead on the others. Have people from the audience pick which characters die leaving one to live, then turn the posters around to show you knew all along.

Hmm well I have a large Doritos bag near me, maybe a torn and restored bag effect...hmm that could be done and also pretty street worthy as well since it's chips :)

-RA69
how about getting a dorito out of the bag without it being opened....

how bout opening the bag eating a couple of chips and resealing it.......

how about a bag change...change the bag into another bag and actually pulling another kind of chip out of the bag.....

May 31, 2008
Pen
Wristband

I'm going to make this wristband dispensary right off of my hand. I'll use this pen as a magic wand. I'll tap once, twice, thrice? Is that a word? Oh look, the wristband didn't disappear, but the pen did! whopady do!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results