Mentalism effect name???

Aug 15, 2017
Hey guys,
For those familiar with Chris Ramsay he does a trick where he gets the spectator to mix up cards and place eight face up and then turn on over..... when all is set in done those numbers are tattooed on his arm and the one that was flipped over is crossed out!

I don’t want to be told how to do it! Just want to know what it’s called or where I can learn it properly!
Thanks!

Aug 15, 2017
I think you can learn it from buying one of his hats. See his instagram where he is selling his new hats with a trick...you can see on the inside of the hat has the same/similar setup; https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm02yPqHgrW/?taken-by=chrisramsay52

I mean there is other places to learn it too so you can save some money without buying a hat you may not wear.

Thanks for taking the time! Ya I saw it on the hat, was just seeing if you can learn it without the hat!

JoshL8

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2017
WA state USA
Bummer, after watching the video I realize I misremembered the trick after watching it from another of his videos. I originally was thinking it was more of a triumph effect. I am now not sure of where else you can learn something similar.

Reactions: Mr_ARPY
Aug 15, 2017
Bummer, after watching the video I realize I misremembered the trick after watching it from another of his videos. I originally was thinking it was more of a triumph effect. I am now not sure of where else you can learn something similar.
No worries! Thanks for taking the time to answer!

ID4

Aug 20, 2010
Jay Sankey teaches the first part of the trick on his channel (No card is chosen or flipped over).

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Yeah so the principle is Paul Curry's I believe. Unless I'm mistaken he created the switch or deal ruse (like ID4 mentions Jay Sankey uses this a lot). Chris Ramsay is a beast and I want to say the presentation was original to him, therefore the extra 9 was probably his original addition. Actually, reading your description I thought you were talking about Daniel Garcia's version of shuffleboard. In my opinion, it's a stronger version of the effect. You can learn it on his At the Table Lecture. Also, you might look into Joshua Jay's version of Shuffleboard taught on his second Penguin Lecture. I think both of these are cleaner, as they allow the spectator to legitimately shuffle the cards multiple times, there's less weird process but you still get a great number reveal from it.

Reactions: CWhite
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results