Ring magic

Aug 8, 2018
I've been thinking to start practicing basic magic slight of hand stuff with a ring, looking online there's of course all sorts of gimmick rings , then regular titanium rings , rings with magnets , lol smart rings ? .. anywho is there rings better than others for "ring magic " ? Should the ring be sized for let's say my thumb over my ring finger ? Should it be metal ? Can it be those new silicon? Any little help is much appreciated. Thank you .

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Depends on what you're doing (as always).

The silicon rings are probably not going to work for much of what's already out there, because they are grippy. But with how popular they are becoming, there will inevitably be magicians who put them to use.

I think a good weight, and smooth internal edges are the important factors. I generally use wider rings for visibility purposes, too.

Reactions: RobertC11437
Oct 19, 2015
I have a PK ring that matches my wedding ring, making it easy to switch for audience inspection. I use it for many different tricks. Adding it into a Chop Cup routine or a Cups and Balls routine (including the Chop Cup and Ball, which exactly matches my Copper Cubs and Balls) is a couple of my favorites. I also have coins that work well with the ring, and passing my hands over a volunteer, who is holding a coin in the palm of their hands, also has an amazing affect. Etc., etc.

Aug 8, 2018
Understood , I didn't realize the silicon ones would grippy .
Thanks

Depends on what you're doing (as always).

The silicon rings are probably not going to work for much of what's already out there, because they are grippy. But with how popular they are becoming, there will inevitably be magicians who put them to use.

I think a good weight, and smooth internal edges are the important factors. I generally use wider rings for visibility purposes, too.
, 5$

Aug 8, 2018
I have a PK ring that matches my wedding ring, making it easy to switch for audience inspection. I use it for many different tricks. Adding it into a Chop Cup routine or a Cups and Balls routine (including the Chop Cup and Ball, which exactly matches my Copper Cubs and Balls) is a couple of my favorites. I also have coins that work well with the ring, and passing my hands over a volunteer, who is holding a coin in the palm of their hands, also has an amazing affect. Etc., etc.
Awesome, I'll look up these tricks you named . I'll also look up this PK ring to speak of ..
thanks

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
I've been thinking to start practicing basic magic slight of hand stuff with a ring, looking online there's of course all sorts of gimmick rings , then regular titanium rings , rings with magnets , lol smart rings ? .. anywho is there rings better than others for "ring magic " ? Should the ring be sized for let's say my thumb over my ring finger ? Should it be metal ? Can it be those new silicon? Any little help is much appreciated. Thank you .

If you're starting out, try and find some cheap metal rings to work with first. Just be bareful buying them online without trying some rings on first and making sure the size you're shooting will actually fit.

There isn't really "better" in the sense that you would only go after one brand.

As for how tight the ring should be. IT shouldn't be super tight, but might depend on the trick that you want to do.

Silicone rings will be hard to utilize in typical ring magic. However, go ahead and do linking silicone rings.

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Tungston carbide is what I use. They last forever and are smooth and have a good weight to them. I usually size to my index finger as alot of the moves require me to get a ring on/off the index. Some great resources for gimmickleas ring magic are:

-Divorce by Justin Miller
-Reflex by Patrick Kun
-Curculus by Miles Thornton
-Ring Thing by Garrett Thomas
-Cucuit by Zach Heath

Aug 8, 2018
Tungston carbide is what I use. They last forever and are smooth and have a good weight to them. I usually size to my index finger as alot of the moves require me to get a ring on/off the index. Some great resources for gimmickleas ring magic are:

-Divorce by Justin Miller
-Reflex by Patrick Kun
-Curculus by Miles Thornton
-Ring Thing by Garrett Thomas
-Cucuit by Zach Heath
Thank you for the info and sources for this :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results