Got Roasted by a 5 Year Old earlier...

Jan 2, 2016
California
Just wanted to share another funny story with everyone. So my friend Aidan and I both work at the same frozen yogurt store. I decided to stop by and hang out for a bit. A family came in and Aidan convinced me to do some magic for them. He introduced me and said I was "very skilled". I did some simple tricks that they all seemed to enjoy but the youngest daughter who was probably 5 or 6 kept asking me to do specific tricks. I think we've all had the experience where you're performing for kids and one of them makes a really odd magic trick request.

First she asked me to pull a pencil from my ear. Then she told me to take off my finger so I did a version of ON/OFF by Nicholas Lawrence which they liked. She finally asked me to float up and touch the ceiling without "cheating" by using strings. I made up something about how only "grandmaster sorcerers" can levitate like that or something along those lines.

She responded with "I thought he said you were skilled"

F***ing Roasted

Oct 19, 2015
Out of the mouth's of babes....! Busted!

I only do kids shows because they 'believe' in magic! That being said, Harry Potter has 'upped the game' on affects and you better have a good story!

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I am an elementary school teacher of 19 years and I will tell you kids will say and do anything they want and put you in your place. I love magicians who laugh at me and say "Kids shows are for beginners and take no skill". You my friend have no idea what you are talking about because kids show will bust your chops and give you a rude awakening. Ha.

Every Friday I perform for my 3 reading classes and typically it is used to help me break in new material. I listen to what they say, call me out on, etc. and it is a great learning tool to see if some of my new material is "ready" yet for paid gigs.

Oct 19, 2015
I am an elementary school teacher of 19 years and I will tell you kids will say and do anything they want and put you in your place. I love magicians who laugh at me and say "Kids shows are for beginners and take no skill". You my friend have no idea what you are talking about because kids show will bust your chops and give you a rude awakening. Ha.

Every Friday I perform for my 3 reading classes and typically it is used to help me break in new material. I listen to what they say, call me out on, etc. and it is a great learning tool to see if some of my new material is "ready" yet for paid gigs.

Rick, I truly appreciate 'Teachers' we all have had teachers in our past that left a deep impression on our lives.

I also first became attracted to magic when our second grade teacher's husband did a magic show for our class. He ask for volunteers to help with a trick, and I got the nod with another classmate! I recall this experience very well. He had a pitcher full of milk and made a funnel out of a piece of paper. While another student held the funnel under my extended right hand the magician proceeded to empty his pitcher in my left ear! Of course I could not see it happening, the class was cracking up the whole time. He then pumped my extended left arm "to force the milk out of my head"! He then covered the top of the paper funnel by folding it over and then Popped the funnel with a loud bang, as he did this a large amount of confetti littered the floor and both of us volunteers. By the end of school that year I was learning magic....

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Rick, I truly appreciate 'Teachers' we all have had teachers in our past that left a deep impression on our lives.

I also first became attracted to magic when our second grade teacher's husband did a magic show for our class. He ask for volunteers to help with a trick, and I got the nod with another classmate! I recall this experience very well. He had a pitcher full of milk and made a funnel out of a piece of paper. While another student held the funnel under my extended right hand the magician proceeded to empty his pitcher in my left ear! Of course I could not see it happening, the class was cracking up the whole time. He then pumped my extended left arm "to force the milk out of my head"! He then covered the top of the paper funnel by folding it over and then Popped the funnel with a loud bang, as he did this a large amount of confetti littered the floor and both of us volunteers. By the end of school that year I was learning magic....

Absolutely LOVE this. Thank you for sharing this memory.

Jan 2, 2016
California
Kid asked me to turn the wall into an elephant once. When I said I couldnt do that he said “How can you call yourself a magician if you cannot do something as simple as that?”
See what I mean about kids making weird requests?!? I remember watching a video of a magician doing the coloring book and one girl kept repeating "abracadabra make my mom appear in the book".

Reactions: Timewise64
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results