What’s in your pockets?

Apr 2, 2017
California
I’m more curious what everyone carries with them day to day?

For instance I have been really trying to get better at coin magic. so now the only magic I carry around is 4 Morgan’s, a dollar sized Chinese coin, and tiny hand.

Jus curious what y’all are working on and or just what your pocket management is haha.

Thanks, Marc.

Jan 2, 2016
California
What I carry sounds like a lot but it really isn't that bad lol
  • A Deck of Cards
  • Real Man's Wallet
  • Loops
  • 2 Half Dollars
  • A Mismade bill
  • Magic Insurance
  • Rubber Bands
  • My Phone
The only really "extra" thing I carry is my deck because most of the other stuff fits in my wallet and it's not hugely inconvenient to have rubber bands on my wrist.
Occasionally I'll carry a couple D-Lites or Spongeballs if I know I'll be interacting with kids.

Reactions: Ned Devine
What I carry is-

●2 decks of playing card

●Rubber band

●A folded card in a small case for performing mentalism

●A pen (I don't get a sharpie in my place )

●Few coins

●My headphones (for effects like iloopy pull )

●Few small chits of paper for mentalism

●Paper clips(for switching, linking and even for some other cool effects )

I am basically a card magician .I love to go to the streets with cards but I carry the rest too:)

Apr 2, 2017
California
What I carry sounds like a lot but it really isn't that bad lol
  • A Deck of Cards
  • Real Man's Wallet
  • Loops
  • 2 Half Dollars
  • A Mismade bill
  • Magic Insurance
  • Rubber Bands
  • My Phone
The only really "extra" thing I carry is my deck because most of the other stuff fits in my wallet and it's not hugely inconvenient to have rubber bands on my wrist.
Occasionally I'll carry a couple D-Lites or Spongeballs if I know I'll be interacting with kids.

I have been really interested in giving rubber and Magic a shot. Any good starting suggestions?

JoshL8

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2017
WA state USA
My every day carry is a bit much I think.
  • one deck of cards sometimes two
  • a sharpie
  • two types of rubber bands (six bands total)
  • a ring
  • four .50 cent pieces
  • occasionally 4 peace dollars but almost never use them impromptu.

My everyday carry pocket management isn't too in depth. I keep my sharpie in my right pocket, and keep that pocket and my back left open for ditching. Wouldn't want my coins talking. With the fall coming up soon I will usually have a jacket making carrying stuff easier and gives me the opportunity to wear a pull.

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
For strolling I usually carry the following:

-purseframe
-spongeballs
-deck of cards
-ninja+
-ninja+ fusion
-bottle opener
-bottle of coke/beer + holdout

Usually do the bottle production for special ovcasions, but lately I have been doing it more and more with my ring act.

Jan 2, 2016
California
I have been really interested in giving rubber and Magic a shot. Any good starting suggestions?
Oh man. I'm not entirely sure tbh. I've picked up most of it individually from other magicians teaching me so I don't have too many sources but here are a few that Ik the name of:
  • Jacob's Ladder by Danny Garcia (I think)
  • Missing Link by Chris Kenner
  • Stairway by Marcus Eddie

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
For EDC I don't carry anything specific to magic. If I'm going to do a casual performance, it will be propless.

If I'm hired to do strolling I'll generally carry a small notebook which I use for a couple different reveals, a voodoo doll, and maybe Dream Lock or Free Will. I will also have my phone but I don't really use that for much because I tend to want to avoid technology in my presentations.

Apr 2, 2017
California
For strolling I usually carry the following:

-purseframe
-spongeballs
-deck of cards
-ninja+
-ninja+ fusion
-bottle opener
-bottle of coke/beer + holdout

Usually do the bottle production for special ovcasions, but lately I have been doing it more and more with my ring act.

Awesome! I have been meaning to get back into rings. I started using them when I was a kid and have not picked them up since. Any good sources for a beginner?

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Awesome! I have been meaning to get back into rings. I started using them when I was a kid and have not picked them up since. Any good sources for a beginner?

Shoot Ogawas “Ninja Rings” is where I got started. You can also check out “Worlds greatest Magic; Chinese Linking Rings” as a resource for both stage and closeup ring magic. “Messado Rings” is fun as well!

I am sure you heard that both myself and Matthew Garrett have been promoting a series called Ninja+ as well. This combines a finger ring with Ninja Rings.

Hope these resources are helpful. :)

Oct 6, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Magic related I carry loops in my wallet but they are just always there. Its summer so I don't carry anything else, now that it is cooling down and I can wear a jacket I will probably carry a deck of cards. I just don't like a lot of stuff in my pant pockets. It is uncomfortable for me

Apr 2, 2017
California
Magic related I carry loops in my wallet but they are just always there. Its summer so I don't carry anything else, now that it is cooling down and I can wear a jacket I will probably carry a deck of cards. I just don't like a lot of stuff in my pant pockets. It is uncomfortable for me

I agree! That’s why I’m about coins and loops right now.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results