How to hold fire?

Sep 13, 2018
You can see my question from the title.
I've been trying to perform this trick for the last 3 weeks but unsuccessfully so I hope I can get an answer from someone who knows more about this subject .
On YouTube there's a bunch of tricks about Holding fire but all are the same and I'm always burn myself .
On the internet, I found how to make a ''cold flame'' or ''cool flame'' but there is no difference in cold flame and real fire.
I know it's not possible to hold fire for hours but I would like to hold fire for at least 5-10 seconds I hope you can give me some advice
Thanks

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
First - Unless you are well experienced with fire, which you clearly are not, ignore YouTube tutorials. I would estimate that maybe 75% of what's on YouTube is inaccurate at best, outright dangerous at worst. It could literally get you killed. I am not being alarmist there - I've been a fire performer for over 15 years, and I've seen the kinds of injuries you can sustain with fire performance, and most of what people say on YouTube is flat out dangerous.

Second - there's a lot of things that could be considered "holding fire" - do you have a video example?

ID4

Aug 20, 2010
Would this video be in the 25% category?

[EDITED BY A MODERATOR: WARNING! TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK!]

Last edited by a moderator:

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
No mention of the proper fuel to use, teaching people to sling fuel onto the floor with no protection down, no mention of timing, no explanation of how it's possible to be safe with 'fleshing' or contact fire, only a brief mention of the fabrics one should be wearing, no mention of why those are the fabrics to use, no mention of or adherence to the federal standards for a safe distance between an ornamental flame and a fuel source ... While everything he says is accurate, it's also woefully incomplete and I've seen plenty of people get hurt by following these videos.

He may go over those things in other videos but for this video alone - it's probably gotten some people some nasty burns.

Reactions: Josh Burch
Apr 26, 2013

I actually have an effect like this, its meant to simulate reaching out and taking fire at your finger tips. With this you could walk up to anyone with a lighter, without touching them or the lighter you have them turn it on you reach over and steal the flame at your finger tips, you then show your hand completely empty. It's still a concept but I like it so far.I uploaded it to my insta but il link a vid. Aswell.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results