Saturday Night Contest - Packet Cutter v2

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you’re all having a great weekend! It's time to bring back one of my favorite cardistry contests for a new edition...

Your challenge this week is to create a cardistry move that is a packet cut. The number of packets can be up to you, however we want to see packets only. No single cards at the start, middle, or end of your flourish. We’re looking for creativity, originality, and execution. The more creative and original the better, but we are also looking for a smooth performance.

Film and upload your video to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram (if on Instagram hashtag it #theory11) and post the link in response to THIS forum thread by no later than tomorrow, Sunday, September 16th at 11:00pm EST.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Points, 5 of ANY currently in-stock decks of your choice, and a deck of Gold Monarchs, shipped on the house anywhere in the world.

Good luck!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
As I understand it, the move has to be new (as in, we have to create it after the contest announcement on Saturday evening). Is that correct, or can we enter moves that we've created before the contest?
Preferably something new for this contest. But you can submit something you've created before the contest posted as long as it hasn't been posted before.

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Preferably something new for this contest. But you can submit something you've created before the contest posted as long as it hasn't been posted before.
Thanks Casey! Good to know.

I went ahead and created something completely new. Hope you all like it, and good luck to everyone!

(Also, that 4 of clubs packet isn't a single card, just a thin packet!)

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
When I try a card spring... they just come out in clumps. Would that count? lol

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Thanks Casey! Good to know.
The main purpose is to get people creating from a blank canvas, and see how far they can go in a short amount of time. See how quick you can think and execute a challenge. We're hoping people aren't submitting something they've worked on for a couple of years as that defeats the point of the contest. If something isn't clicking and you're running low on time, then it can be something you just recently started working on, but more or less we prefer something entirely from scratch. Hope this answers more of the question!

Reactions: wZEnigma

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Alright guys, time for results! After carefully reviewing each submission based on the judging criteria of the contest, we have come to a winner. We picked this entry because we felt that the route taken for creating this particular move was the most outside the box and original. With that said, congrats to wZEnigma for taking home this week's prize! Congrats! Please contact our support team with your details to claim your prize.

See you all on Saturday for a new contest!

S_Darth

Elite Member
Jan 20, 2013
India
Oh well guess I should have kept the criteria in mind and posted the recent cut I was working on instead. Congrats wZEnigma you deserve it!

Reactions: wZEnigma
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results