First experience with someone approaching me.

Feb 17, 2018
Hello all, it's been a little while since I've been on the forum, I've been trying to focus on learning tricks and looking at other areas of magic.

But to the reason I'm here, about an hour ago i had my first experience with someone approaching me and i was happy with the outcome and genuinely excited and enjoyed the experience.

I was stood outside my local shop talking to one of the guys that works in there as i usually do, a gentleman went in to the shop and came out and saw that i was playing with my cards (doing a couple one handed cuts) and asked if i was doing magic, this is the first time anyone has stopped and asked me so i was a bit surprised and happy at the same time.

The guy that works in the shop went back in and i stood talking to the gentleman that stopped me and i performed a couple basic tricks as that's all I could think of at the time and he laughed and seemed to enjoy it as much as i did doing them.

Now this was a big thing for me as it was the first time I had performed a trick without shaking, i didn't stutter or mess up the tricks and i didn't forget how they were done (which has happened in the past)

After i had done them i had to go home myself and so did he so i thanked him for stopping me because it really helped me with my confidence.

After this it has helped me realise that i really don't need to know the most complicated tricks (which I have been told in the past) to make someone smile or brighten up their mood.

Thank you to all of you who have helped me with what to look at and focus on as it definitely helped me tonight, also thank you to @obrienmagic as well as after watching your videos on YouTube they have helped me as well in the way of just being myself and enjoying the moment.

Feb 17, 2018
@DominusDolorum

I probably didn't explain this properly which is something i struggle to do.

What I meant by my comment was that for something that was impromptu like last night I had to think on my feet and it ended up being the most basic tricks that i know and can perform without hesitation or fear of messing it up (obviously that can happen every now and again)

The more complicated / skill based tricks (some of which i am looking at getting in the future) i would say would be used with a bit more notice or preposition (personal opinion)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results