Please type like humans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2007
I don't get why it bothers people. Even on AIM and such I use "you" and "your" and stuff, but why should it matter. It's not like people make posts of just
"i ttlly agree tht ppl shld use proper grammar." Most people say "you around here" and "your" if its comments, don't read them :p

I also don't get the point of making a whole fuss about how people type.

I personally don't care, as long as it is is moderation.

My 2 cents :X

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
Y MUST U PPL GET MAD AT THOSE OF US WHO HVE A SECND GRDE READNG LVL?!?!?!?!?!?

On a serious note, I think proper spelling and grammar is a good thing....but sometimes i really like to....um.... do this....so get over it!

C

clarrus

What's the big deal. I'm sure you all can read what is written. There are many people which english isn't their language and i'm sure it makes them a little bit uncomfortable when you call out bad american spelling and bad american grammar. Even if you say that it's not geared towards them i'm sure they feel a bit off.

For those of you that proclaim "what'sthe big deal" or "I am to lazy to capitalize the letters" I am sure that your magic performances will portray this same attitude. I understand that people from other lands might have a great difficulty with the english language and that is fine.
Anyway I guess what I am saying is why would anyone take anything you have to say seriously when you use internet slang. I know that when I start to read that kind of writing I get out and move on.

Sep 1, 2007
What's the big deal. I'm sure you all can read what is written.

Why should I have to? If someone's not going to make the effort to be understood, I shouldn't have to make the effort to understand it.

There are many people which english isn't their language and i'm sure it makes them a little bit uncomfortable when you call out bad american spelling and bad american grammar. Even if you say that it's not geared towards them i'm sure they feel a bit off.

Most people who speak English as a second or third language actually speak it better than most brain-dead AIM addicts for whom it's their native language.

C

clarrus

For those of you that proclaim "what'sthe big deal" or "I am to lazy to capitalize the letters" I am sure that your magic performances will portray this same attitude. I understand that people from other lands might have a great difficulty with the english language and that is fine.
Anyway I guess what I am saying is why would anyone take anything you have to say seriously when you use internet slang. I know that when I start to read that kind of writing I get out and move on.

Guys seriously, Doctors have the worst hand writing ever, I know from experience that doesn't mean their medicine is bad.

Most people who speak English as a second or third language actually speak it better than most brain-dead AIM addicts for whom it's their native language. .

Is this from experience or documented statistics? I live in NYC and trust me, that is not the case here. I go to school at stonybrook and that is definately not the case here as well. Let me put it this way, if you don't understand chinese accents, you will not do so well in computer science.

If you guys don't like the way they type, just move on. No need to degrade them and say "Hey, he's not a human being because of the way he types."

Can someone tell me how humans type? I do ASDF JKL;

Sep 1, 2007
Guys seriously, Doctors have the worst hand writing ever, I know from experience that doesn't mean their medicine is bad.

Impeccable logic.

That's not actually true. It would better be compared to a doctor slurring his words and using bad grammar when he speaks during an operation.

Doctors only use their handwriting to dole out perscriptions. If the pharmacist can't read the handwriting, then he can't give out medecine.

Metaphors--it's what's for dinner...

But seriously, enough of this. Back to the magic.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Why should I have to change my hand writing, just because YOU can't read it? Not my fault your brains are the size of walnuts.

(Please note that is a joke, however one could make that argument)

Sep 1, 2007
Is this from experience or documented statistics?

Experience.

However, comparing accents to actual grammar and spelling in prose is apples and oranges.

I've met people online who spoke English well enough that it wasn't until later that I learned they were from Spain, Russia, even Japan.

If you guys don't like the way they type, just move on. No need to degrade them and say "Hey, he's not a human being because of the way he types."

I never said they were subhumans, just idiots.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
sRslY gYz, cMon, lEtz STeP upZ da EnGriSH plz... C-ing aZ hOw Imz a EnGrish TeAChorz iN da JaPAn, I gEt tO he4r N reaD diz cRaP alLz dA tyMe. ItZ anNoyIngz SrsLyz.

Sep 2, 2007
Guys,

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread, so we can return to magic. Moreover, by reading this thread, my literacy rate just went down to 24.956 percent -- just kidding.

Feel free to use abbreviations, and as stated -- just don't overdo it and keep it within reason. An example of what NOT to post would be this:
So fyi idk what u thnk bout this but imho it is no lol matter. brb... k, bck. so ths isnt how ur posts should look. 4 u 2 do ths would b xtremely frustrating. if u dnt do ths i will be ur bff 4 lyfe. word.
Let's return to magic! (And I'll have a word with Mr. Raiker.)

JTM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results