Chris Ramsays last video intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanB11167

Elite Member
Nov 27, 2017
Hey all,
I watched Chris’s last video
And he does this little routine that I have been obsessed with. I think it’s with a gaff deck but I can’t seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone have any ideas where I can get more info?

Thanks.

Jan 14, 2017
Watch, very carefully, how he handles the deck each time he turns it over. I agree that the deck is gaffed.
A clever one-trick effect.

Mar 4, 2018
The Svengali deck gets so much hate in the magic community for being too "beginner" level but I honestly think it's great. I see it still slay audiences to this day. It's a classic in magic for a reason despite what a lot of magicians think about it. I believe Chris was using a modified one that took advantage of the rough and smooth principle as well.

Jan 14, 2017
The Svengali deck gets so much hate in the magic community for being too "beginner" level but I honestly think it's great. I see it still slay audiences to this day. It's a classic in magic for a reason despite what a lot of magicians think about it. I believe Chris was using a modified one that took advantage of the rough and smooth principle as well.
I agree with your comments regarding the Svengali deck. Too often magicians forget that the majority of people (and almost all of those for whom we perform) are not privy to the same world and completely unfamiliar with principles WE tend to find "boring", "old" or "overused".
Secondly, I strongly endorse Position Impossible. Brent had a true spark of brilliance on that one.
Finally, although this is not a forum to discuss methods I wanted to point out that:
My initial post should have been enough to help you build your own deck for this effect
To that point, I disagree about the rough-smooth. Watching the video, and the way he handles the cards (specifically take note of the deck position regarding the edges) I am certain the entire deck is gaffed (in a very simple manner).

Stratego

Elite Member
May 18, 2017
Not to reveal anything but watch closely the bottom card (supposely the first queen of hearts) when he spreads the card the first time. There is a hint on what kind of gimmicked deck it is. Therefore I wouldn't say it's a svengali deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results