Switching Odyssey gimmick ring out

Jan 24, 2014
I know that Calen teaches how to switch the gimmicked ring out but I wish he had given an example routine where you switch the ring in/out as I'm having trouble figuring out where I can hide the ring and how to steal it for the switch.

I want to do Justin Miller's and Patrick Kun's routine before I go into Odyssey as I think Odyssey is the strongest out of them all and because the spectator can handle the ring as much as they want before I go into Odyssey but I'm worried that the spectator would still want to check the ring after I'm finished with my Odyssey routine and I just can't figure out a way to switch the ring out with the normal ring. I've been thinking of putting the normal ring in my pocket along with a handkerchief so I can reach in my pocket to take out the ring along with the handkerchief as a cover, pretend to wipe the ring to switch it, and finally ditch the gimmicked ring with my handkerchief into my pocket while the normal ring is left in my other hand but I'm afraid that this method is too obvious.

What's your experience with Odyssey? How do you switch the gimmicked ring out?

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Id suggest trying it the other way round. Perform odessy and end with the real ring. Hand it out to be examined then as almost an afterthought perform the reflex/divorce moves. This way they feel the ring was examined both before and adter even though technically speaking the gimmick was used before that. This is how I would perform it.

Reactions: Mr_ARPY

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
But where would you keep the real ring before switching it and how would you steal it?

I believe Morelli teaches how to switch in/out the ring and gimmick in the tutorial for odyssey no? If he doesn't that is a huge missed opportunity. I personally would just keep the extra ring in my pocket and when the time comes steal it out by casually placing my hand in my pocket. As for switching it there are tons of moves you could use to easily do so.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results