Help with the Trilogy

Sep 8, 2007
brooklyn
Hi I just bought the trilogy and i wanted to know considering i am relativaly new to flourishing i already have xtreme beginers but i dont like xcm bec its all basically one handed flourishes though it has helped me a lot with fanning. so i am not so used to the dan and dave flouring style so if someone can please tell me what flourish i should start with so that i get used to their style it would be very kind and helpful

thanx in advance to everyone and all of theory11

Learn the 'Sybil' phase of the Jackson 5 (not the 'sybilism', it's called 'sybil'). It's a basic multi-packet cut from which many other cuts are based upon, and probably the easiest cut on the entire Flourishes DVD.

Then, with your knowledge of Sybil, try tackling the 'Sybilism' phase of the Jackson 5 (I know off the top of my head that it's phase 2).

Well if this is your first real multi-packet, Dave and Dan style cut then it will take awhile. I think I spent 2 weeks on Sybil (/Five Faces of Sybil, because that's it's full name), but at the end of those 2 weeks I could do it with my eyes closed and without thinking. But after you learn your first, you will learn your second cut quicker, and your third cut even quicker, and so on.

Also, a tip that may seem like common sense but is CRUCIAL to being a good flourisher; work on smoothness and fluidity first. After your cut is smooth and your hands know what to do and when, then you can work on speed. Focusing on speed first will get you nothing but sloppy looking cuts, which don't look good no matter how fast they're performed.

Sep 1, 2007
... but i dont like xcm bec its all basically one handed flourishes though it has helped me a lot with fanning.

thanks bjay, that was the best laugh I have had in a long time. learn some more XCM you will see there are other things besides one hand flourishes, such as drops, cascades, springs, armspreads, fan twirls... oh man the list goes on for a long time.

just my opinion but to me a perfect giant fan twirl looks a lot more amazing than a 8 packet cut!

thanks bjay, that was the best laugh I have had in a long time. learn some more XCM you will see there are other things besides one hand flourishes, such as drops, cascades, springs, armspreads, fan twirls... oh man the list goes on for a long time.

just my opinion but to me a perfect giant fan twirl looks a lot more amazing than a 8 packet cut!
Does it look better than a sequence of six different cuts one of which is an 8 packet cut.

Now I didn't think so.
:p
Michael

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results