Making props

Nov 13, 2017
I have the banachek psi series and also in richard osterlinds dvd they have large stock cards with symbols and in banacheks his has logo's. Im curious whats the easiest way to make these card's ? Has anyone ever made a set

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I'm not sure if the cards you are talking about are just thick cardstock or playing cards. If it is thick cardstock, you can get the yardstick from office supply stores like staples and many ink jet printers can print on it - laser jet printers have a harder time with thicker paper. If they are playing cards, look at Jumbo Bicycle Playing Cards with a blank face. You can either print what you want on full sheet labels and then trim and stick on the cards or print on t-shirt iron sheets and iron on the symbol/logo. The last option is to check out lybrary.com's DIY playing cards. You can print your own cards, front and back whatever size you want.

Also, if you may want to search for Jumbo ESP cards... that may be exactly what you are looking for.

Reactions: Mr_ARPY
Nov 13, 2017
I'm not sure if the cards you are talking about are just thick cardstock or playing cards. If it is thick cardstock, you can get the yardstick from office supply stores like staples and many ink jet printers can print on it - laser jet printers have a harder time with thicker paper. If they are playing cards, look at Jumbo Bicycle Playing Cards with a blank face. You can either print what you want on full sheet labels and then trim and stick on the cards or print on t-shirt iron sheets and iron on the symbol/logo. The last option is to check out lybrary.com's DIY playing cards. You can print your own cards, front and back whatever size you want.

Also, if you may want to search for Jumbo ESP cards... that may be exactly what you are looking for.

Ty for the help.but what about making the symbols. P si series shows all kinds of logos and in richards dvds his show coffee cups and book designs etc. How do you go about making the design's ? Any idea on that

Jun 18, 2017
Are you asking how to physically print cards or how to design them? The latter, I mean... unless you can draw or use design software to create them then you're limited to whatever's in the public domain or you have to pay a designer.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Yeah - if you're asking how things are designed, that's not really the realm of these forums. Things are designed by people designing them. If you can't do it, find someone who can.

You can get programs like GIMP for free, which does most of the stuff Photoshop can do. Tutorials are readily available online for anything you'd want to do. I designed my first logo myself and I have to say it was pretty satisfying to put the work into it. I also commissioned an artist (Stuart Palm, mentalist now living in Hong Kong) to design a monogram for me, which I use on my business card and other items.

As for printing them - David's suggestions above are great for DIY. You can also look into sites like MakePlayingCards to have custom printed cards of pretty much any size - custom images front and back. Coffee cups and such would have to go through sites like VistaPrint or other custom marketing places. For stickers my wife has used RockinMonkey.com and they make pretty good stuff.

Reactions: Mr_ARPY and NinoIng
Jun 18, 2017
I second makeplayingcards.com. I kickstartered a deck of cards using them and whilst no equivalent to bicycle stock, for everyday purposes and games etc they are a great, cheap way of printing quality cards and there is no minimum order.

I’ll be using them for props in future.

Nov 13, 2017
Richard o.and his coin thru bottle is something i never saw done.the method i meant. But i tried making it and i have no luck with that either. Anyone have suggestions ?

Nov 13, 2017
I second makeplayingcards.com. I kickstartered a deck of cards using them and whilst no equivalent to bicycle stock, for everyday purposes and games etc they are a great, cheap way of printing quality cards and there is no minimum order.

I’ll be using them for props in future.

But do they let you print copyrighted designs.like banachek has in loco logo ? He uses ibm.at & t and all sorts of copyright designs like nike

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results