Cardistry:: Today's Society

Oct 6, 2007
Hey guys! I'm not new to cardistry, neither half the people that read this. But I AM new to Theory11, and checking out some youtube videos on cardistry. And I've been reading comments on those videos that people share (yes, i read comments). And Today's society rather critiques the video rather than enjoying it, good or not. I personally enjoy every video I see, unless it's an unwanted and unintentional tutorial. What I see in the community is this... Well, it's obviously downgraded a whole lot because of new performers. But about one of every 10 people actually ENJOY the video, no critiquing added, no nothing, just a plain and simple "I enjoyed it".
6/10 comments i see are rants on how much the person sucks at cardistry
2/10 its constructive criticism
1/10 SPAM
.5/10 Actually Enjoy what they are seeing, good or bad
.5/10 ".....no comment...."
The point I'm trying to throw across is that we a a community should enjoy these videos that people post (unless they're making an unwanted tutorial as I said). Constructive criticism is great and all....so is spam, but those type of comments get sort of annoying sometimes. But it's all in your opinion.
Thanks & take care!

-Eugene S.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I agree. Constructive criticism is always necessary, but some people, and I am guilty of this myself, take it a little too far, and don't actually admit that they enjoyed the video. However, there are some videos out there today that just plain suck and I don't get any enjoyment out of at all, but that's a completely different story.

I don't quite agree that all people should enjoy the video, maybe they don't because it has major faults, but this is where constructive criticism comes in.

Here, I agree, too many people just bash others, rather than helping out.

Nov 28, 2007
D.C. Area
i agree, although feedback should be welcomed. i acutally enjoy what i see or if i dont like it, i just dont say anything about it.

Dec 13, 2007
Hey guys! I'm not new to cardistry, neither half the people that read this. But I AM new to Theory11, and checking out some youtube videos on cardistry. And I've been reading comments on those videos that people share (yes, i read comments). And Today's society rather critiques the video rather than enjoying it, good or not. I personally enjoy every video I see, unless it's an unwanted and unintentional tutorial. What I see in the community is this... Well, it's obviously downgraded a whole lot because of new performers. But about one of every 10 people actually ENJOY the video, no critiquing added, no nothing, just a plain and simple "I enjoyed it".
6/10 comments i see are rants on how much the person sucks at cardistry
2/10 its constructive criticism
1/10 SPAM
.5/10 Actually Enjoy what they are seeing, good or bad
.5/10 ".....no comment...."
The point I'm trying to throw across is that we a a community should enjoy these videos that people post (unless they're making an unwanted tutorial as I said). Constructive criticism is great and all....so is spam, but those type of comments get sort of annoying sometimes. But it's all in your opinion.
Thanks & take care!

-Eugene S.

dude the only reason people do that is because they cant... just read my quote(signature)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results