2018 theory11 Holiday Contest - The Wheel Returns!

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Hey everyone!

It is that time of year again - the wheel is back! Welcome to the 2018 theory11 Holiday Contest. This is everyone's favorite event, and we are excited to bring it back again this year, better than ever!

If you are new, you may be asking "What is this all about?". Let me explain.

Starting TODAY at 11am EST, every item you purchase on theory11.com earns you one spin of our holiday prize wheel. Not in the market for our products today? No worries! Head to the link below to get one FREE spin every 24 hours!

What does this holiday prize wheel mean to you? Here is a sample of what you could win:

- Elite Points
- Rare Playing Cards
- theory11 Pins
- Prop Playing Cards from the set of Now You See Me 2
- Decks signed by NPH
- Exclusive theory11 Mahogany Holiday Ornaments
- Slow Dance Magical Slow-Motion Lamps
- VIP Tickets to your choice of either The Magician at the NoMad Hotel in NYC featuring Dan White, -OR- Magic Show at the Roosevelt in Los Angeles featuring Justin Willman
- Instant Card Collection, now featuring 60 theory11 decks

Want to get in on the action? Head to https://www.theory11.com/holiday/contest every day to get a new free spin!

I'll post some FAQs below to help you out, but in the meantime - GET SPINNING!

What do you want to win? What have you won so far? Let everyone know below.

// L

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
FAQs

Q: How often can I spin?
A: You can get a free spin once every 24 hours. Limit one per household.

Q: Why can I not get my free spin? It is the next day!
A: The free spin is not every day, it is every 24 hours. If you spin at 1pm today, your next spin will need to be after 1pm tomorrow. Tomorrow morning will be before 24 hours, and will not work.

Q: It has been over 24 hours, but I can't spin!
A: One spin per household per 24 hours. If you have you mom, dad, or little brother (or if you are trying to spin multiple times on multiple accounts) you won't be able to spin a second time in the same 24 hour period.

Q: Do I have to pay for any prizes?
A: No! Prizes are shipped to you free of charge. The only exception will be prizes for international customers - theory11 will not charge for anything, but you are responsible for any customs fees or import taxes on your prizes.

Q: Why is this wheel rigged? I keep landing on the same prize!
A: No rigging here! Your spin has the same odds as every other spin. When you click on the Spin button, your prize is automatically decided by our system, and the wheel just spins until it lands on that prize. It is not a real wheel, so sometimes it seemingly acts a bit funny and looks like it should stop on one space and doesn't. Whatever pops up as your prize is your prize. It is much more likely that you will land on the 25 pt space than a Grand Prize space - this is on purpose and is not us "rigging" things.

Q: How do I claim my prize?
A: Elite Points will be automatically added to your theory11 account if won using a registered email address. If you earn points on an email where you don't have an account, go ahead and create that account - your points will be added to that account within a couple days.

Physical prize winners will be sent an email within a few days of winning their prize with instructions to claim that prize.

Grand Prize winners will be contacted by a member of theory11 (probably me!) directly to arrange for the prize.

Q: I can't spin the spins I earned!
A: Every batch of spins you earn is on a unique webpage. If you buy 12 decks, and also earn a free spin, those spins are not put together into the same webpage. Your free spin is on its own page, and your 12 purchase spins are on another. If you can't find your spins, go to your email - you will get an email with a link for every set of spins you get. Check out all those links!

For your daily free spin - bookmark THIS PAGE, not the spinner page. The spinner page is only for one single day's worth of spins.

Q: Do marketplace purchases count or just Theory11 physical products and downloads?
A: Yes, they do! Any items from our store or the marketplace. The only exception? Gift Cards. Those are just a pre-payment for future purchases. You can get spins, however, when you use a gift card for making a purchase!

Q: I am experiencing a glitch or other problem. What do I do?
A: Reach out to our support team @ theory11.com/support and they can help!

// L

Last edited:
Reactions: Justin.Morris
Jun 18, 2017
Awesome! Great prizes and good to know international customers can get in on the action.

A question not in the FAQ - do marketplace purchases count or just Theory11 physical products and downloads?

Reactions: Vzayy

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Awesome! Great prizes and good to know international customers can get in on the action.

A question not in the FAQ - do marketplace purchases count or just Theory11 physical products and downloads?

I will add it!

Yes, Marketplace purchases count! The only thing that doesn't? Gift Cards, which aren't really items, but instead are just a way to pre-pay for items for someone else. If you purchase items with a gift card, THOSE items count!

Reactions: NinoIng

MatthiasE

Elite Member
Jul 26, 2015
Does the MailChimp playing cards brick "Special Edition 12-Pack" count as 1 spin or 12 spins?
If only 1, would I receive the "Special Edition 12-Pack" if I bought 12 MailChimp decks individually?

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Does the MailChimp playing cards brick "Special Edition 12-Pack" count as 1 spin or 12 spins?

I believe that this counts as 12 spins. Let our support team know if you only get one.

If only 1, would I receive the "Special Edition 12-Pack" if I bought 12 MailChimp decks individually?

No. The only way to get the special brick box is to order it specifically as a part of the set.

// L

Feb 12, 2018
India
Ok let me get this straight
If I want NYSM throwing cards and someone else lands on it...I got no chance of getting it?? Coz I'm a pretty big fan of NYSM and would want the deck for keeps

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Ok let me get this straight
If I want NYSM throwing cards and someone else lands on it...I got no chance of getting it?? Coz I'm a pretty big fan of NYSM and would want the deck for keeps

1. It isn't a deck. It is a prop that consists of one single specially printed card featured in a major scene in the movie.

2. There are multiple of these available. Not lots! But more than one. If someone else wins this, you still have a few more chances.

Enjoy!

// L

Reactions: OveRide

Zeede

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2018
Lyle, what happens when a prize item runs out of the allotted stock for The Wheel?

Zeede

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2018
Ahh. You guys have thought of everything!

Thanks again, this contest is so much fun and very unique!

Feb 25, 2018
Can someone that doesn’t buy products for spins and just does the free ones win a prize other than the points

Hey everyone!

It is that time of year again - the wheel is back! Welcome to the 2018 theory11 Holiday Contest. This is everyone's favorite event, and we are excited to bring it back again this year, better than ever!

Starting TODAY at 11am EST, every item you purchase on theory11.com earns you one spin of our holiday prize wheel. Not in the market for our products today? No worries! Head to the link below to get one FREE spin every 24 hours!

What does this holiday prize wheel mean to you? Here is a sample of what you could win:

- Elite Points
- Rare Playing Cards
- theory11 Pins
- Decks signed by NPH
- VIP Tickets to your choice of either The Magician at the NoMad Hotel in NYC featuring Dan White, -OR- Magic Show at the Roosevelt in Los Angeles featuring Justin Willman

Want to get in on the action? Head to https://www.theory11.com/holiday/contest every day to get a new free spin!

// L

Looking forward to win something! Fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone too!

Reactions: Vzayy

Mr. E's Mysteries

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hey everyone!

- Elite Points
- Rare Playing Cards
- theory11 Pins
- Decks signed by NPH

// L
When does the contest end? I apologise if this is covered in the Official Rules, but I cannot get the link to the rules to work. I am wondering because in the past, the contest ran from 12/01 to 01/01, but since it didn't start until 12/03 this year, I was curious whether the end date is still 01/01. Thank you.

Reactions: EndersGame

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
When does the contest end? I apologise if this is covered in the Official Rules, but I cannot get the link to the rules to work. I am wondering because in the past, the contest ran from 12/01 to 01/01, but since it didn't start until 12/03 this year, I was curious whether the end date is still 01/01. Thank you.

In past years, this has started anywhere between 12/1 and 12/6 - we do not have set start or end date for ever year. It does not have a specific end date yet, but we usually end it around 1/1.

// L

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results