Tarantula 2.0

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013
If I’m thing about getting it and I’ve never had a ITR before and I don’t know if I’ll like. What would be your thoughts

I’ve owned a Tarantula- it’s a discreet reel but VERY prone to issues if you have no IT experience

Have you had any practice with IT before?

If not I highly recommend Steve Fearsons MLS over purchasing a reel.

Cheaper - more in depth information (not just tricks) and the hookup for the Tarantula is Steve Fearsons

You’ll learn to use the THREAD...not a DEVICE.

Granted...it’s a tad dated in terms of production- but the principles about IT remain the same

Reactions: RalphB2
Feb 25, 2018
I’ve owned a Tarantula- it’s a discreet reel but VERY prone to issues if you have no IT experience

Have you had any practice with IT before?

If not I highly recommend Steve Fearsons MLS over purchasing a reel.

Cheaper - more in depth information (not just tricks) and the hookup for the Tarantula is Steve Fearsons

You’ll learn to use the THREAD...not a DEVICE.

Granted...it’s a tad dated in terms of production- but the principles about IT remain the same
Thank you very much for the information

Sep 19, 2014
South Carolina
I own the original Tarantula and can agree....it is discreet but VERY prone to some issues. I wish I had started with something cheaper to learn the concepts instead of going by the hype of the trailer. I'm curious as to what the differences are in the new version.

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013
I own the original Tarantula and can agree....it is discreet but VERY prone to some issues. I wish I had started with something cheaper to learn the concepts instead of going by the hype of the trailer. I'm curious as to what the differences are in the new version.

There are two main differences

The first is the battery is rechargeable- imo this is a step back considering the technology. It’s peanuts to replace a battery the T uses - but when the rechargeable battery eventually fails (as it will do) - you will need to replace the entire unit.

Second is the “soul tech” - which emulates Mesikas spider pen pro gimmick in regards to tensioning

For me this is also a step back - but that’s just me

Reactions: JBond
Sep 19, 2014
South Carolina
There are two main differences

The first is the battery is rechargeable- imo this is a step back considering the technology. It’s peanuts to replace a battery the T uses - but when the rechargeable battery eventually fails (as it will do) - you will need to replace the entire unit.

Second is the “soul tech” - which emulates Mesikas spider pen pro gimmick in regards to tensioning

For me this is also a step back - but that’s just me
Thanks for the info...speaking of which, if I break mine out again I'm gonna need a new battery.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results