Starting a YouTube channel

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I will give you my opinion, but be prepared to not agree or like it. My opinion is that a Youtube channel "may" get you exposure, but it won't even come close to being as beneficial as you getting out on the streets and performing live for laymen. This will teach you so much more than standing behind a camera until you get the "perfect" take.

Aug 8, 2018
I will give you my opinion, but be prepared to not agree or like it. My opinion is that a Youtube channel "may" get you exposure, but it won't even come close to being as beneficial as you getting out on the streets and performing live for laymen. This will teach you so much more than standing behind a camera until you get the "perfect" take.
Thanks for giving your opinion

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Honestly? My first thought is, "don't".

But that's not a helpful response. I'll explain my thinking -

A lot of people think about starting a channel because they think it will be the path to success. The problem is, most of the examples that ARE successful, are not common examples. Most channels go nowhere and earn nothing. You just never hear about them, you only hear about the successful ones.

Since you are asking it with the phrasing you used, you clearly haven't put down a plan. You need one. Just like a business, you need to know how you'll be doing videos, what kind of schedule you can realistically expect to produce, what your content will be, how you'll promote the channel, etc.

There's enough bad YouTube content already, you don't want to add to it.

Now, all that being said - if you have realistic expectations and you understand that trying to make any significant income, or get any significant level of exposure from YouTube will take the same amount of work as a full time job or more - OR if you don't expect anything from your channel, but you will at least produce decent content - go for it.

Reactions: JMJ

Zeede

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2018
Ameer, you didn't mention what the purpose of your channel is. If it is just to have a fun hobby, then go for it! If it's to make millions of dollars, then you need a game plan. If it's to get exposure and constructive criticism from around the world, then you need a plan for that too.

It's hard to say anything more since you have not given much in the way of details.

Reactions: JMJ
Dec 1, 2012
TX
www.youtube.com
As with anything, you need a "goal" or an "end game" first. What is the real purpose of the channel?

To educate?
Just for fun
To make money
To get famous?

Because "just magic tricks" won't accomplish any of those goals. There are hundreds of magic channels on youtube that are not doing ANY of the above.

Proverbs 15:22 Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.

Talk about the purpose of the channel and then develop material to hit that goal.

Ameer bro . You know that I have started a YouTube channel past 2 months ago and th i is what I learned from it.

1. Production quality matter
(Basic tip but yes, it does matter)

2. If your performing magic then keep it simple . So do not exceed your video duration over 3 min .(If you watched my 'ENTERTAINMAENT TIME ' latest video then you may understand that fact . My 15 min stage show has less views than my 'GOT MAGIC' videos

3. As I do ,even though you perform a simple effect ,give it your own twist

4. Most important points are to be dedicated ,have a goal and practice the effects that your performing in the video over and over again .(coz if you flash or even do it with imperfection then the viewers may instatly rewind the video and know the method that you used )

These are the things that first poped into mymind .actually as a young and small youtuber (correction-very small youtuber ) I do know the difficulties of starting from scratch . Even though the guys who commented above are absolutely correct from their point of view .But all the matters is what you feel to do .

Hope it was a valuable suggestion
And all the best for your YouTube channel of your starting it . You got you first subscriber ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results