Expert At The Card Table :: I Need Opinions

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I've been thumbing through my copy of Totally Out Of Control when I decided that I wanted to learn the S.W. Elevator effect.

I found that upon review of the instruction on the effect that the main sleight used in the trick is explained in more detail in the book mentioned in the title of this thread.

My question is, is this book worth it?

Thanks,

Shane K.

Sep 1, 2007
Well I haven't thoroughly explored it yet but there's a ridiculous amount of information in that book. I would definitely say it's worth it.

Nov 22, 2007
is this book worth it?

Thanks,

Shane K.

Ofcourse it is worth it. This is one of the classic card magic books. If you don't have it you should definetly get it. I mean this book is highly recommended everywhere.

Although I thought S.W. Elevator had somethign to do with chris kenner... get the book anyway. There's so much to learn from it.

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
Just check it out for free with the downloadable PDF version, and then buy an actual book that you carry around, if you like the info in the book.

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
it's on the official website so it can't be illegal, here is what you do: go to erdnase.com, I think it's their official website, then go to search, and you should see the download

Aug 31, 2007
California
The book is absolutely amazing... If you read it. Over and over. Disect it.

And if you put the years of practice into the work in the book, than and only than, will you be happy with the effort you put into it.

Good luck!

Keenan

Where can you find this PDF version?
No need to buy it unless you prefer learning from books over digital media; here's a full copy of Expert At The Card Table:
http://erdnase.com/download/Erdnase Bible.pdf

Yes, that's legal. It's on Erdnase.com (it can be accessed by going to the 'Search' page off of the main site), which is run by the Conjuring Arts Research Center. Plus, Erdnase.com is designed and run by our own Dave and Dan, and we know they could never do anything wrong :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
I don't really like to learn from the PDF though, I don't know why, I think it's laziness of some sort, but a book is better, but when I'll have the urge, like 20 min. ago when I learned a couple sleights from it, the digital data won't get in between me and my skills.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
No need to buy it unless you prefer learning from books over digital media; here's a full copy of Expert At The Card Table:
http://erdnase.com/download/Erdnase Bible.pdf

Yes, that's legal. It's on Erdnase.com (it can be accessed by going to the 'Search' page off of the main site), which is run by the Conjuring Arts Research Center. Plus, Erdnase.com is designed and run by our own Dave and Dan, and we know they could never do anything wrong :)

You are awesome.

Thanks,

Shane K.

Jun 10, 2010
guys, the pdf link does not work anymore... is it not available anymore?

Here you go: http://www.geniimagazine.com/erdnase

If you can't figure out the password, it's Erdnase.

As far as multiple editions of Erdnase go... I currently have both the pdf Erdnase and the Bible, as well as the GBC Erdnase. Out of the three editions, I have to say the GBC one is the best. The cover looks like a red bee deck (seen in the intro to the movie "Shade") and has Hoffmann's annotations. I also plan to pick up Vernon's Revelation (the re-print, of course - there's added material) sometime between now and Christmas. But if you don't already own Erdnase, study a few things out of the pdf edition and then decide whether paying for a hard copy is worth it. Some only have things to offer which the pdf doesn't, such as the following three:

Hoffmann's Annotated Erdnase
Darwin Ortiz's Annotated Erdnase
Dai Vernon's Annotated Erdnase (Revelation - Reprint)

Of those three, Dai Vernon's will probably be the easiest to pick up since it's been reprinted a few years ago. Next is the GBC Erdnase, which is still in stock but hasn't been reprinted, but it probably won't sell out for a while. Ortiz's book was published in 1991, and to my knowledge, hasn't been reprinted. You can probably find a seller on eBay or over at the Genii Magazine forums, since most online stores are out of stock on it.

So of course, different editions of Erdnase is worthwhile. Although I do recall Zach Lambert telling me he owns 3 copies of Revelation...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 7, 2010
Thanks for giving the new link to the pdf file on erdnase, i was wondering if the hard copies of erdnase (any version) have more pictures in them? because in the pdf file it's mostly print and like a picture here and there. Images help me learn better :D

Jun 10, 2010
Thanks for giving the new link to the pdf file on erdnase, i was wondering if the hard copies of erdnase (any version) have more pictures in them? because in the pdf file it's mostly print and like a picture here and there. Images help me learn better :D

The Annotated Erdnase and Revelation each have extra pictures of Ortiz and Vernon (respectively) doing the move in their hands, and if they had any extra touches, pictures of those too. But only invest in one of them if you start to feel serious about Erdnase.

Oct 11, 2007
Go and buy this book! It contains all of the fundamentals for card magic. I went back and read this after doing card magic for four years semi-professionally and learned loads of new stuff! You have to pick this up now!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results