Venom ITR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2013
Well the Venom ITR has been but back to the 31 st August.

does this happen a lot with pre-order items ?? No email yet from the supplier in the US to say sorry date has been moved.

James

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Manufacturer dropped the ball on this one. Nothing E could do about it.

I don't know if "a lot" is really a fair term to use - I've had pre-orders get delayed from several vendors, and I've also had plenty of them get shipped right on time. It's just something that can happen when the product is not in stock when purchased. There could be delays.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Well the Venom ITR has been but back to the 31 st August.

does this happen a lot with pre-order items ?? No email yet from the supplier in the US to say sorry date has been moved.

James
Honestly it all depends on the supply and demand. Venom was the sort of thing that a lot of people well into magic were looking for (as it competed with T2 and other ITRs) and also the type of stuff newer magicians were looking for (c'mon. They practically said it was the holy grail of ITRs, and it may very well be, along with T2). The manufacturers were probably expecting X amount of sales, but they got 2X. Things get held up.

Honestly, the top of the ITR market looks to be T2 vs Venom (hmmm. Just now noticing the relationship in the names. One is a Giant Arachnid that spins it's web, the other is well, Venom. Lol), and both look like they are going to be pushed back a lot.

Part of the matter also might be that E developed Venom and (to a spectator) it looks like they are trying to push it out before T2 is released, because of marketing strategies. Damn, I am really noticing how clever and sneaky they are lol. The problem with that is that they have a smaller window, which means things are going to get backed up.

Hopefully both turn out to be great.

This stuff seems to happen occasionally when it is a hardcore mechanical product, such as venom, and when marketing goes good (normally when there is a competitor to go up against).

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
You're close.

Here's what happened, 100% transparency (well, as much as I can say without risking my job).

E didn't develop Venom, Magie Factory did. We order it from them and sell it on. Standard wholesale practice, really. Our contract was to get a portion (1/4) of our large order, with the remaining portion being delivered later. We got the first shipment no problem, but there have been multiple delays from the manufacturers themselves. So we did anticipate the order volume, and we put a plan in place to compensate for that - but problems completely out of our hands borked that plan.

So this isn't a sneaky marketing plan - we just wanted to get the product we liked on the market as soon as possible according to our contract with the vendor. It's a great product that we are all excited about. This is the first IT device I've been psyched about in years. It's really clever and really solid. The routines taught are great, too. It's basically the bastard love child of loops and ITRs.

We have not said that Venom is better than T2 at all. T2 is probably going to be a great product (I don't actually know anything about it, other than what Tarantula was). They are admittedly similar, but distinctly different devices which have distinct advantages in their own rights.

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Apr 26, 2013
Thank you I'm also waiting for T2 that should be with me today but that was due to be released 5th August.

why both well I bought Venom first. then bought who's afraid of the invisible thread DVD. As the Venom download was so good I decided to by the T2 just for the download ( collecting information). I've also bought Si-Fi project Just for the training DVD which is good

no more buying ITR'S AND TRAINING DVD honest

James

Apr 26, 2013
Your Venom is shipping this week! After a month of waiting, we're happy to tell you your Venom is on it's way to you.

As an hand-assembled product, each Venom ordered was build with care.

That added care caused a small, unforseeable delay in manufacturing. This is regrettable, but more than worth the wait.

In a few short days you will be opening your Venom at home. Unlocking the power to perform incredible levitations, vanishes and more.

Finally, levitation effects can be put back into your routine

Apr 26, 2013
The above post was a email received today. But I still have about 9-14 days to wait because of shipping

Anthon¥

Elite Member
Oct 24, 2018
does anyone have a link to the english tutorial videos? my venom pack only provided the 2 french versions and my french is super rusty lol thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results