Doing things (mostly) one handed

Dec 29, 2018
I've gotten into sleight of hand and other close up magic over the last six months as a hobby. I'm to a point I can fool laymen with most passes, cuts, etc. I've been able to lose people staring at my hands during an ACR with no issue, so I think it's safe to say I'm past the more basic principles.

I want to move to some more advanced moves, but I have a slight issue. The ring finger and pinky of my right hand are crippled. While I can move them, they don't have any strength or a full range of motion.

I hold the deck in my left hand, so pinky breaks and the like aren't normally an issue. However, it is very difficult for me to palm with the right hand. I also have issues with things like Marlow's miracle switch, snap changes in the right hand, and Tenkai passes.

Are there any resources you would recommend to keep moving without making heavy use of my right hand?

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Insecond Lavand’s work. Also, look i to slwights that focus on the left hand. For example rather than performing a right handed top palm, maybe switch it up and perform a left handed bottom palm for card to pocket/impossible location routines.

Get creative with it. Im sure you will be able to work around this issue.

Dec 29, 2018
Thank you all for the suggestions. I hadn't heard of Mr. Lavand and it is very encouraging!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results