Best reactions....

Nov 13, 2017
We all do magic.for reactions. I'd like to hear what tricks in your routine get the best reactions ? For me its the most simple ones that cost next to nothing. The new lego blocks hot rod gets nice reactions.plus kids are very much into legos. That helps.
A little routine i use with the pop eyed popper deck ppl seem to love. But when i show something that cost me a fortune . ppl aren't as much intrigued.

Seth Hughes

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2018
VA
Perfect square. I know i talk about it a lot in the forums, but it is honestly My favorite magic effect of all time. to get great reactions all you have to do is play it up for everything its worth, and that goes for any effect.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Sometimes simple is best. Magic with every day objects blows people away. Objects that scream, "You bought that from a magic shop." are still cool and spectators enjoy them, but they know it is a magic prop.

Reactions: Mrmagic727
Oct 19, 2015
Since I do only kids shows, primarily with my Grandkids....I agree the simple low cost effects work best! The best reaction I get is with my "Needles in Balloon"! I work the kids up on blowing up a balloon and then letting them try to put a very large hat pin in that balloon after a few loud failed attempts, with the accompany of loud pops! I then ask one of the kids to blow up another balloon for me, and I take the same large hat pin slowly, ever so slowly magically insert it into the balloon. I use large clear balloons so they are loud when they pop and also allow the kids to really see the needle in the balloon. The reactions I get on this is always great!

JoshL8

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2017
WA state USA
Card Warp seemed 'meh' to me at first but it started getting reactions I never expected. Ring tricks seem to do well for me too like when you take off a ring and it jumps back on the finger on the other hand.

I do more involved or technical tricks that get good reactions too but not with such a disproportionate amount of work put into from me for a happy participant.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I once did sponge balls for a woman at a corporate event and she startled, jumped out of her seat and shoved me. All while she screamed.

When I was younger working in a restaurant, a man threw my deck of cards at the end of the Biddle trick. He was really embarrassed, apologized profusely, and tipped very well.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I personally feel like the best reactions are where they're just silent. No clue what to say, they just kinda stare at you, then at each other, and their just silent, with a look of clear amazement.

Did a spongeball routine for a friend and a stranger on the school bus in 10th grade. Got that reaction. Priceless moment.

Nov 13, 2017
I personally feel like the best reactions are where they're just silent. No clue what to say, they just kinda stare at you, then at each other, and their just silent, with a look of clear amazement.

I once did the pencil and string on buttonhole. In 3rd grade to a kid.it was picture day. He actually got his pictures taken with that thing attached to his buttonhole haa. That was a classic effect.i gotta say id forget the secret from time to time. So getting it off took time.

Did a spongeball routine for a friend and a stranger on the school bus in 10th grade. Got that reaction. Priceless moment.

Nov 13, 2017
The classic four card trick gets really good reactions. Anniversary Waltz and Double Exposure are my two favorite effects that get great reactions always

Alex elmsley 4 card trick ? I have garrett thomas' ann waltz. I nvr have tried it.altho it seems great. I been working on some effects from henry evans.his needle thru deck.and his matching pairs. He uses alot of gimmicks in his tricks. But some can be very hard hitting. I like the fact the deck can be shown freely as the string passes thru the deck and cards. It sure did amaze me when i 1st saw it. The one bad thing is in one of his series he speaks Spanish and uses a interpreter for the methods

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I'd like to hear what tricks in your routine get the best reactions ?

It's not the tricks that get reactions, but the magicians performing the tricks :)

I find that tricks that get the best reaction are where the spectator realizes the logical conclusion of my presentation and recognizes the impossibility of that conclusion immediately before seeing the impossible happen.

Nov 13, 2017
Look at bizzaros oreo effect.a simple kids trick.hits on nation wide tv and it sold out in weeks.its still out of stock every where.
Cheap little good tricks sell like hot cakes.
I own so many tenyo tricks.i lost count. I like tenyo effects.there quick and easy.hard hitting. Well most are. And can be learned very quickly

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I once did the pencil and string on buttonhole. In 3rd grade to a kid.it was picture day. He actually got his pictures taken with that thing attached to his buttonhole haa. That was a classic effect.i gotta say id forget the secret from time to time. So getting it off took time.
Nice!

But I think you accidentally typed your message out in the quote lol

Reactions: Mrmagic727
Nov 19, 2017
I did some sponge ball magic with pieces of note book paper. It especially got a great reaction from a kid, who hadn't seen my magic before.

Jan 19, 2019
Invisible deck always gets me some of the best reactions. It is simple and dirt cheap (depending who you buy it from) and the spectator's thought of card appears as the only card face down in the deck, simply powerful and impossible to your audience. Also Two Card Monte gets me great reactions because people don't expect the two cards switching at the end.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign

@RealityOne

I heard Tenyo!
I own so many tenyo tricks.i lost count. I like tenyo effects.there quick and easy.hard hitting. Well most are. And can be learned very quickly

We have another Tenyo-fanatic here! Sweet!

A good chunk of Tenyo have the capability to “land well” provided your presentation isn’t stiff and you can gussy up the way the instructions have you do it.

We’ll have to compare notes!

How many Tenyo do you have and how long have you been accumulating them?

Reactions: Vzayy
Nov 13, 2017
Invisible deck always gets me some of the best reactions. It is simple and dirt cheap (depending who you buy it from) and the spectator's thought of card appears as the only card face down in the deck, simply powerful and impossible to your audience. Also Two Card Monte gets me great reactions because people don't expect the two cards switching at the end.

Am i the only lazy one here.that takes his i.d. and idiot proofs it..meaning i put the matching cards with suits back to back.then inside of the deck i put the cards ppl tend to name. Or is that silly. Im real lazy. I dont even wanna add .i go find the suit and spread it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results