My cards are too cold!

Jan 20, 2019
I live in Winnipeg, and the weather regularly gets down to -40°(the same in farenheit or Celsius). I've noticed that whenever I take them outside they develop a click. Even if they're just outside for a few minutes and in my jacket pocket. Is there anything I can do to avoid this?

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
Get your cards a toque!

1. Take half the deck and turn them face up.
2. Faro-shuffle the two halves into each other and put the deck back in the tuck case.
2.1. If the case is a few cards light, pack it with some advertising cards or spare cards to make it more full.
3. Put the deck in a card clip, or stick it under some heavy books overnight.

That should remove the deck clip!

Reactions: Mr_ARPY
Jan 20, 2019
Get your cards a toque!

1. Take half the deck and turn them face up.
2. Faro-shuffle the two halves into each other and put the deck back in the tuck case.
2.1. If the case is a few cards light, pack it with some advertising cards or spare cards to make it more full.
3. Put the deck in a card clip, or stick it under some heavy books overnight.

That should remove the deck clip!

Do you know where I could buy a card clip for cheapish?

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
You can probably find some cheap ones on eBay or Amazon. I had a plastic one that I bought from Penguin Magic and it lasted a surprisingly long time.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Do you know where I could buy a card clip for cheapish?
For about $10 - $15, you can find "Porper" style Card clips on Ebay and Amazon. The official ones cost around $40, but knock offs called "Porper Card Clips" will do the trick (not as high quality, probably not as long lasting, but they get the job done).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results