Stand up or sit down?

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I'm the same as Christopher T. I practice standing because I need to know my angles and height at which props and cards need to be held for proper viewing. One thing to keep in mind is your angles when you approach a table and they are seated and you are standing. Think Invisible Deck and you'll understand.

Dtop

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2019
I stand up. When you sit down the spectator is usually also sitting. If you sit you will probably be at a table keeping your hands at the same level as you chest creating a revealing angle that could accidently peak. You are also in more control of the audience when standing while preforming the trick.

Sep 29, 2018
Do you prefer to stand up or sit down when practicing/preforming?
I don't prefer anything. Whatever the situation requires me to do, I do.

I mean, if I'm in an informal setting and I suddenly stand up, it kinda gets hella awkwardly 'formal' which I for one, don't want.

So...yeah.

JustJoey

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
The last year or so I have focused on practicing sitting down. I have had an increase of venue situations that I have been joining the spectators at theirs tables. Never a bad idea to be versatile.

Reactions: JoshL8
Jan 19, 2019
I will practice standing in front of my mirror or I might practice moves and slights sitting down while I listen to music or watch a movie. I always perform standing up.

Nov 19, 2017
I used to practice sitting until I tried performing sitting, but basically the spectator saw everything I did. I learned that standing gives you a lot better angle control and sitting, not so much. Now, I practice standing and of course perform standing.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results