Which trick to choose.

Sully

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2018
Hello all. I'm a hobbyist, by no means a professional magician. I love the craft and have been collecting tricks of varying tyoe and method for years. When I do perform, it's for family and friends around the holidays. I tend to gravitate towards mentalism and bizarre type routines and effects.

I will be performing for public for the first time for a talent show for work. I'll have three to four minutes to wow the audience. This will be a stage environment.

I've been debating back and forth of which routine to go with.

Option one is a stage version of the zodiab book test with multiple volunteers to choose between the book, page, line, and word.

The other option is a routine with my spirit bell where I would have the spirits reveal the number of a rolled dice under a cup, and the name of a loved one.

I've also considered a confabulation, but I'm less certain if this would have an impact.

This is my first post. I've been lurking the forums for awhile. I love the advice everyone gives.

Thanks,
Sully

byronblaq

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Hey Sully,

Both options sound great for a stage performance. I wouldn’t necessarily preference either as they both can be strong effects.

Let us know how you go, and welcome to the non-lurker side of things!

B.

Reactions: Sully
Jan 3, 2019
I think the trick you pick would highly depend on the audience that you're performing for, and which trick would impact them the most. Good luck!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results