How to Create Custom Cards

Jan 27, 2019
So we've been thinking about creating a custom deck of cards that we would eventually try to crowdfund on Kickstarter. We even have the backs of the deck designed. However, we were thinking of keeping the court cards standard and just recoloring them to fit the theme. Does anyone know where to get the files for the designs in Illustrator so that we can recolor them or know if this is even possible?

Nov 4, 2017
You can contact Bycycle directly through their website and request their card templates. They will send you four AI files. One for each suit. The four files will have thirteen layers, one layer for each card in that suit. It makes things very easy.

On a side note, I wish you best of luck. However, a simple recolor is a tough sell these days on KS. Believe me, I have personal experience with that. There are so many highly customized, high quality decks being put out by folks like Jackson Robinson, Lotrek, and Alex Chin that the basic stuff has a hard time breaking through.

Reactions: RickEverhart

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
In my honest opinion, custom cards are okay, but there really isn't a huge amount of laymen or magicians looking for them,sure, there are some, but not as many as you think. When I perform I typically just use regular bicycles from Sam's Club/Costco and have been doing it for the past 19 years. 15 bucks gets you 12 decks. If you are in fact very creative and into that, by all means give it a go, I just don't see a huge market of people looking to buy.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results