I made the front page of Itricks.com

Aug 31, 2007
Imagination Land
sorry but that sucked , lol id like to see when u actually did it at starbucks , because the only possible way to do it on someone elses computer without ever touching it is if u have the powers of Mika ... The kid in Heroes that controls computers :)

Sorry dude thats obviously a small widget u created

Sep 7, 2007
I am gonna film it live in a few days without touching someones computer exactly like the kid in heroes.

I also got some more stuff to film.

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
iTricks.com is a magic news website that produces weekly podcasts run by Andrew Mayne and Justin Robert Young. I help them out with stuff sometimes.

Oct 16, 2007
Pretty cool dude. I'd obviously be more impressed if I was the idiot in starbucks and you did that to my computer but the effect, if it actually goes off as you say it does (sans installing something visibly into someone's computer) sparks my interest.

Sep 7, 2007
I will have it up soon and prove the world wrong my friend.

NO sneaky moves.

I have other illusions i need to put on film.

D

Deleted member 2755

Sorry, but to my knowledge... Windows has no magical card revealing code in it. So the only way this is real is if you did something on their computer in advance. Unless you are actual magic, what you did was impossible and I think your live performance will just end up being staged. I don't mean to be a jerk, but I can safely say for a fact that just having a card come up on the computer screen like that without somehow tampering with their computer in advance in impossible. I'll believe it when it's done on my computer without you ever being near it before.

-Doug

Sep 7, 2007
Doug what do you expect?

do you want the quarter to be really bitten in half and have my real teeth marks on there and go on maury to get dna tests of my teeth to prove that i bit it?

Did you want the ambitious card to really jump to the top, and the signed card has some legs that a wizard gave it to really get to the top of the deck?

DiD Criss Angel meet Peter pan and sprinkle some pixie dust and thought of happy thoughts so he could levitate?

Do you really think wizards exist and do real magic? Theyre ILUSIONS DOUGY.

But in dream world things like that do happen and lights come out of mysterious wizards thumbs in vegas and kids get christmas giggles when they see it.

My illusion is obviously not real magic and im not claiming im a wizard. Theres always a method behind everything.

Sorry, but to my knowledge... Windows has no magical card revealing code in it. So the only way this is real is if you did something on their computer in advance. Unless you are actual magic, what you did was impossible and I think your live performance will just end up being staged. I don't mean to be a jerk, but I can safely say for a fact that just having a card come up on the computer screen like that without somehow tampering with their computer in advance in impossible. I'll believe it when it's done on my computer without you ever being near it before.

-Doug

-Doug

I concur....completely. And I'm sure Doug knows more about computers than me too. :D

But still, doesn't seem possible. If it is infact possible though, and you don't touch the computer, theoretically it's possible to do it over the phone/computer. I'd love tp see that happen..... :)

Best.
Steve

D

Deleted member 2755

Doug what do you expect?

do you want the quarter to be really bitten in half and have my real teeth marks on there and go on maury to get dna tests of my teeth to prove that i bit it?

Did you want the ambitious card to really jump to the top, and the signed card has some legs that a wizard gave it to really get to the top of the deck?

DiD Criss Angel meet Peter pan and sprinkle some pixie dust and thought of happy thoughts so he could levitate?

Do you really think wizards exist and do real magic? Theyre ILUSIONS DOUGY.

But in dream world things like that do happen and lights come out of mysterious wizards thumbs in vegas and kids get christmas giggles when they see it.

My illusion is obviously not real magic and im not claiming im a wizard. Theres always a method behind everything.

Thank you Steve Simmons. Also, sorry Roby as maybe you thought I was trying to be a jerk. I just think that what you are doing is impossible and cannot possibly have a method unless you tampered with the computer and/or laptop in advance which in order to do that... you must break into their house, turn on their pc, then install whatever you need to. I'm sorry, but even if you post a video, I just plainly wont believe it.

-Doug

-edit- Mainly I'm saying I can see how this effect can be done to a friend as when they leave to use the bathroom or something, you can do what you need to do in order to do the effect on their PC. However, it cannot be done on the street to someone you never met. If you do this on video (AND PROVE it was impromptu on people you never met before) send me a PM and I will make a thread saying how I was wrong, you were right, and pretty much make you look like a god.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 7, 2007
well anyways doug thanks for having an open mind.

Im gonna have some other effects coming out on film that I hope you all like.

Dec 14, 2007
UK
I'm going to have to go with the 'it's impossible without prior tampering' crowd. Someone's computer in front of them is (very) different to a deck of cards in your hand. Maybe while you force a card on them you get someone to hack into their computer over the wi-fi, or download a program off a USB stick, but otherwise, I doubt I'm going to believe this until you do it to my own laptop.
IF, however.... you CAN somehow manage this magic trick, then well done. Very well done. It is mighty impressive.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results