Struggling with Thumb Propulsion grip!

Hey guys what’s up? So I am fairly new to the magic community and have recently been working on my flourishes and deck cuts etc. and am really struggling with the grip for this trick. My ring finger keeps slipping out and not pinching the deck so the cards bend in at the bottom and mess it all up. Has anybody struggled with this? Or any tips in general on it?

ID4

Aug 20, 2010
Are you using the full deck or a packet? If you're using the full deck try a packet instead. You can work up to a full deck eventually.

Jan 22, 2019
always a good thing to do is start with packets and work up start with squids if you are doing cuts then work to a deck

Mar 13, 2019
Hi, Dylan. I had the same issue when I first gave it a go (after seeing it on the Genesis DVD). I broke the skin on my ring finger the first time, from the deck sliding on it. I had rubbed a raw patch on it, basically. It was tender for a few days. It became easier afterwards and I learnt to hold the deck without undue pressure, so no more hurting myself.

I am only three months into cardistry, so I have a lot to learn, but it's already clear that moves/grips that feel difficult or impossible can quickly feel natural and even easy after a while, sometimes overnight, even without having spent much or any time working on them recently. It's so odd that.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results